Jump to content
Chapala.com Webboard

Recommended Posts

Six cats? That's fantastic.

Such great news, Natasha! Could you tell me where I can find local landlords who are flexible in this way? All I know are the big real estate rental agencies. I'm hoping to be in Aijic by the end of November and have a place to stay (with my Foxy) through February.

It's incredibly kind of you to help. Thank you!

Margo

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Margo Morado said:

Six cats? That's fantastic.

Such great news, Natasha! Could you tell me where I can find local landlords who are flexible in this way? All I know are the big real estate rental agencies. I'm hoping to be in Aijic by the end of November and have a place to stay (with my Foxy) through February.

It's incredibly kind of you to help. Thank you!

Margo

Sent you a PM

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Did You drive your cats down or did you fly? I’m really scared to put my cat in the hold and  he is way too big to fit under a seat. At 70, I am a bit of a coward and the idea of driving for 2 1/2 days alone. with my cat is not appealing. 

Is there a board or site where you can check to see if people  want a ride to or from the US to Chapala or Guadalajara?

thanks!

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Margo said:

Did You drive your cats down or did you fly? I’m really scared to put my cat in the hold and  he is way too big to fit under a seat. At 70, I am a bit of a coward and the idea of driving for 2 1/2 days alone. with my cat is not appealing. 

Is there a board or site where you can check to see if people  want a ride to or from the US to Chapala or Guadalajara?

thanks!

We drove because of our two cats.  I do understand that making the drive is really unappealing.  I don't know of a board specific to that topic.  Certain, you can ask on this board. 

 

Other options are:

Get to the Mexican border via bus or get someone in the US to take you to the border.

A driver can just meet you and drive you from the Mexican border.  You would cross on your own with the felines and meet the driver on the other side.

There are also some drivers that will cross into the US to meet you.

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Margo said:

Did You drive your cats down or did you fly? I’m really scared to put my cat in the hold and  he is way too big to fit under a seat. At 70, I am a bit of a coward and the idea of driving for 2 1/2 days alone. with my cat is not appealing. 

Is there a board or site where you can check to see if people  want a ride to or from the US to Chapala or Guadalajara?

thanks!

No he's not! Last time (July 2017) I flew to/from NOB I saw dogs in crates under seats both ways, 6 different legs of flights.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/20/2017 at 8:36 PM, Margo Morado said:

Six cats? That's fantastic.

Such great news, Natasha! Could you tell me where I can find local landlords who are flexible in this way? All I know are the big real estate rental agencies. I'm hoping to be in Aijic by the end of November and have a place to stay (with my Foxy) through February.

It's incredibly kind of you to help. Thank you!

Margo

Margo

if you have not found a rental yet I urge you to do so right away.  Ajijic is going through a huge influx of expats moving here. It is getting very difficult to find a short term rental rental, most have been rented for the winter already according to local realtors and property managers. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/22/2017 at 8:55 PM, Joyfull said:

Margo

if you have not found a rental yet I urge you to do so right away.  Ajijic is going through a huge influx of expats moving here. It is getting very difficult to find a short term rental rental, most have been rented for the winter already according to local realtors and property managers. 

My impression is she wants a rental to start in Feb that is long term. There are always rentals, especially if you deal direct. People have unexpected events.... up to and including death. If she gets here in November she'll have time to look without being in a huge panic. And better she does it at this end rather than take a chance from afar and make a bad choice.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I have a place to stay with a friend through February when l contacted hotel Perico, Jan said that there will be a room avaiable in March and cats are welcome.

After my aunt and l get settled in, l will go to see Hotel Perico and meet with Jan, who sounds lovely.

If everything works out, I can see myself staying indefinitely there because I have virtually no possessions and don’t require much personal private  space when there are such beautiful and extensive grounds.

Thanks again to all of you!

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

It looks as if my friend has learned that she is not allowed to have pets in the house she has rented, so I am in a bit of a bind now as I was counting on sharing with her through March.

Honestly, I would settle for a small room as long as my cat could come. I am crazy for my cat but I am not a crazy lady.

If you know of anyone who would be willing to rent a room to a quiet, easy-going older woman, I would be willing to pay up to $350 a month for December, January and March. Hopefully in March or April things will begin to ease up a bit on the long term rentals.

I am a retired ESL/EFL teacher and also taught high school English for many years. I can tutor, I can clean, I can babysit,  I can take dogs for walks, I can housesit. I am happy to provide references that attest to my competency and reliability.

Any suggestions will be very much appreciated!

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I am really open to any reasonable solution. My cat has lived with dogs. I don’t know how he’ll be around other cats but I all my friends have cats so l could certainly do a hopefully harmless experiment.

you are so kind to spend time helping a complete stranger! 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Bless your heart! I am a dog lady but love all animals. Perico is very nice and animal friendly.  hope this works out for you and your kitty!

I heartily recommend Dra. Berenice, the vet in the Plaza Interlago, just down from El Fogon de Charlotte, just off the Libriemento between Perico and WalMart. She is an angel, and even remembered my sWEETPea's name a year after her passing.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/2/2017 at 10:13 PM, Margo Morado said:

It looks as if my friend has learned that she is not allowed to have pets in the house she has rented, so I am in a bit of a bind now as I was counting on sharing with her through March.

Honestly, I would settle for a small room as long as my cat could come. I am crazy for my cat but I am not a crazy lady.

If you know of anyone who would be willing to rent a room to a quiet, easy-going older woman, I would be willing to pay up to $350 a month for December, January and March. Hopefully in March or April things will begin to ease up a bit on the long term rentals.

I am a retired ESL/EFL teacher and also taught high school English for many years. I can tutor, I can clean, I can babysit,  I can take dogs for walks, I can housesit. I am happy to provide references that attest to my competency and reliability.

Any suggestions will be very much appreciated!

 

 

 

Would you feel comfortable teaching Spanish?

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Margo said:

Wish my Spanish were better so that I could teach it but as an EFL teacher I did not need to because it is an immersion course and only English is used’

Thanks for your response!

Margo

 

Are you Margo or Margo Morado, or both??

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Right now I feel as though there are two of me, one trying to get ready for this big move and the other one who wants  to hide under the covers. So yes, l am both Margo and Margo Morado.

What I need the most help with is finding a place where I can live without a car and with a cat. I can only spend up to $550. I am open to walking 45 minutes into town as long as it is a safe route but obviously would prefer to be closer if possible.

I have made inquiries at all the usual places and I’m beginning to think that , as many people say, I really won’t be able to find a place until I come to Chapala and start asking around.

Hotel Perico will be my home until l find something closer to the center of San Antonio or Aijic.

Thanks!

Margo aka Margo Morado 

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...