Chapala.com Webboard

Package from Estafeta

Zeb

This is our first time attempting to receive a package through Estafeta.  We received one notice that they tried and we were out.  Where can we go pick up the package?.  The note has no instructions and our Spanish isn't sufficient to navigate their website as of yet.

Stay home all day tomorrow, they will most likely make another attempt. If you use the Chrome browser you can have it translate their website for you. If all else fails, have a Spanish speaking amigo call and find out where they are holding it. Don't wait too long or they will return it.  Even with no Spanish you should be able to track it and see when it is in "entrega" or something similar. Unless it is a "hotshot" delivery all you can do is stay and wait. Sometimes even after 6:00 PM.  "Mexican time". There is no "local" number to call, they don't want to be bothered by a million "where's my package" calls. They have one main number and they get lots of calls so be patient.

Ask the driver, when he finally comes, if that is his route and if he will be making any future deliveries. If yes, tip him nicely and ask for his cel number and for permission to call him on a day when you see they will be delivering. Chances are he will be happy to do that and let you know about what time he will be around. make sure you always reward him. Works like a charm for me.

22 minutes ago, pappysmarket said:

Stay home all day tomorrow, they will most likely make another attempt. If you use the Chrome browser you can have it translate their website for you. If all else fails, have a Spanish speaking amigo call and find out where they are holding it. Don't wait too long or they will return it.  Even with no Spanish you should be able to track it and see when it is in "entrega" or something similar. Unless it is a "hotshot" delivery all you can do is stay and wait. Sometimes even after 6:00 PM.  "Mexican time". There is no "local" number to call, they don't want to be bothered by a million "where's my package" calls. They have one main number and they get lots of calls so be patient.

Ask the driver, when he finally comes, if that is his route and if he will be making any future deliveries. If yes, tip him nicely and ask for his cel number and for permission to call him on a day when you see they will be delivering. Chances are he will be happy to do that and let you know about what time he will be around. make sure you always reward him. Works like a charm for me.

Ok.  Thanks. Will do.

Archived