Chapala.com Webboard

How to get uncommon dog food

My Yorkie and I will be moving down shortly, and I want to keep him on the same food that he is thriving on now (Nutro Feed Clean, Wholesome Essentials, Small Breed Adult). Is there a place in Ajijic where I can special order his food? Someone told me one of the animal shelters orders dog food, but she didn't know which one. Thanks in advance for your help.

Dog food, I believe, is one of those regulated items and if the manufacturer of the product does not get the appropriate approvals here in MX then you can't get it. I've been waiting for a cdn made food for 3+ years and nothing. SO>>>> you can try at Lakeside Friends of the Animals in Riberas. If they can get it the price may be very high.  Nutro  products seems to be available in Mx but I would call Lakeside Friends and ask if they can get it.  http://lfachapala.wixsite.com/cat-shelter/pet-store

Although we have some of the similar pet stores here the products lines are different and some things just aren't available.

55 minutes ago, WideSky said:

Dog food, I believe, is one of those regulated items and if the manufacturer of the product does not get the appropriate approvals here in MX then you can't get it. I've been waiting for a cdn made food for 3+ years and nothing. SO>>>> you can try at Lakeside Friends of the Animals in Riberas. If they can get it the price may be very high.  Nutro  products seems to be available in Mx but I would call Lakeside Friends and ask if they can get it.  http://lfachapala.wixsite.com/cat-shelter/pet-store

Although we have some of the similar pet stores here the products lines are different and some things just aren't available.

Thank you for the referral - we are in the process of changing website providers and would ask that you use the  address lfa-chapala.com especially if you bookmark. Thanks.

Archived