Chapala.com Webboard

Car emission test locations

Toritrue

8 hours ago, lakeside7 said:

Gosh , why are we beating this issue to death

If it looks like a official sticker, and feels like a official and issued by Jalisco Transito Dept etc.,then it must be a Official Sticker.

Debating if this or that station is "official" is academic...I would suggest that an issue between the Licencing Bureau  and the testing station.

There is obviously a question of "Trust" that enters into to the process..The Licencing Dept assumes the mechanic will test the car correctly and not give you a free pass. We assume that the mechanic will not be dishonest and charge for doing work that is not required.

On second thoughts  the process sounds like everyone is swimming across a pond of alligators!!!!!!

How many of you wonder what your "facilitator" is doing when they process your , IMSS, SP or immigration papers...

TRUST

Trouble is, there are counterfeit stickers out thee .... LOTS of them.  That's why the "official" list.

16 minutes ago, Natasha said:

Trouble is, there are counterfeit stickers out thee .... LOTS of them.  That's why the "official" list.

Do you think the police can tell the difference?

14 hours ago, cedros said:

Do you think the police can tell the difference?

Not just the sticker .... but the piece of paper that come with it. You want to take that gamble? Feel free. Me... I'd rather go to Zaragoza and have peace of mind!

Don‘t gamble on getting an unofficial sticker from an unauthorized source, no matter what they tell you.  You can be charged with fraud and/or counterfeiting, with serious consequences, even if you did not actually produce the sticker or the document.

Keep things uncomplicated. Go to an official inspection station, such as the one at Zaragosa #375, Chapala, or the one in Jocotepec.  Of course, there are others in Guadalajara, etc.

23 minutes ago, RVGRINGO said:

Don‘t gamble on getting an unofficial sticker from an unauthorized source, no matter what they tell you.  You can be charged with fraud and/or counterfeiting, with serious consequences, even if you did not actually produce the sticker or the document.

Keep things uncomplicated. Go to an official inspection station, such as the one at Zaragosa #375, Chapala, or the one in Jocotepec.  Of course, there are others in Guadalajara, etc.

OMG. We are not talking about a unofficial sticker, but  from a  "unofficial " garage

Let me suggest that  the  OP or other newbies  should be  more concerned about using  a faciltor for obtaining  your  IMSS, SP or INM papers

On 10/14/2017 at 3:04 AM, Toritrue said:

What are we to do?  Our annual car emission test is due in October, and normally no problem at all, this year it seems impossible to reach because Zaragoza is all torn up in front of the emission place.  There simply is no way to get a car there.  Has there been a temporary location set up?  Because the work being done not only has Zaragoza torn up, but also Flavio Romero, and parts of Degollado.  This is no quick repair.  Is there any other testing facility at Lakeside?

Thank you.

I went today and it was quite easy to get to, the road is open. It took less than 15 minutes for the test and the new sticker. No problems at all.

On 10/15/2017 at 7:28 AM, cedros said:

Maybe it does not matter if the place is legal or not as long as you get the sticker to put on your vehicle.

I believe it will matter in January when there is no computer record of your test and you end up with a big fine. I think he is connected to the transico computers, could be wrong. The sticker is only one half of the problem, the man told me if you are late you will be fined in January when you go to register your car, that is why I think they are hooked up.

I had my emissions test done in Jocotepec in August. My vehicle is quite new so there should not be a problem passing. The first part was fine but they had trouble with the last part so they backed my vehicle out and put one of their's in place of it and ran the last part of my test on their vehicle. Got my sticker.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

The Chapala site is impossible to get to due to street construction on Zaragoza..I tried yesterday..Looks like a week or more before the street is passable in either direction, it is one way South bound but I would try either way if I could get to the emission shop..

• 1 month later...
On 18/12/2017 at 9:06 PM, d-d said:

After six weeks of trying to get into the shop on Zaragoza in Chapala we decided to go to Jocotepec.  In and out, $450 pesos, done.

can you please give me the directions to the station in Jocotepc ?

On ‎12‎/‎18‎/‎2017 at 9:06 PM, d-d said:

After six weeks of trying to get into the shop on Zaragoza in Chapala we decided to go to Jocotepec.  In and out, $450 pesos, done.

We renewed ours last week at the location on Zaragoza in Chapala in Chapala and the cost was only $400 pesos.

On 12/16/2017 at 9:25 AM, Tomas said:

The Chapala site is impossible to get to due to street construction on Zaragoza..I tried yesterday..Looks like a week or more before the street is passable in either direction, it is one way South bound but I would try either way if I could get to the emission shop..

It is a North bound one way street, not southbound. Maybe that was your problem

20 hours ago, Mainecoons said:

Was also able to go to Zaragoza no problem as long as you don't try to get there via Hildalgo.  That's a real mess.

MC. The extension of Hidalgo across Madero is Morelos. Hidalgo no longer. Turn left at the light, second right is Degollado. Should be able to get to Zaragoza from there.

On ‎2‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 11:03 AM, twelveoaks said:

can you please give me the directions to the station in Jocotepc ?

These were the directions but they have redone the road so there is no longer a tope.

Coming from the east a few blocks after you pass the Pemex on the right in Jocotepec you come to a traffic light where you turn left. After a few blocks the main route takes a right at Cuba restaurant and you will be on Vincente Guerrero Vincente (this is the old highway route though Jocotepec)
Go west on Vicente Guerrero.

Pass the last traffic light (Independencia Sur).

Immediately after the tope, on your right is the place to get your emissions sticker.

It is next door to a car wash and if you pass it, the next cross street is Niños Heroes.

It is located directly across the street from Pepe's Pollo.

The directions need to be updated but they will work if you have a map of Joco.

Archived