Chapala.com Webboard

Car emission test locations

Toritrue

What are we to do?  Our annual car emission test is due in October, and normally no problem at all, this year it seems impossible to reach because Zaragoza is all torn up in front of the emission place.  There simply is no way to get a car there.  Has there been a temporary location set up?  Because the work being done not only has Zaragoza torn up, but also Flavio Romero, and parts of Degollado.  This is no quick repair.  Is there any other testing facility at Lakeside?

Thank you.

I went to the Chapala site Monday and got my car tested. The price went up to $400 pesos. Yes parts of Zaragoza were torn up but I went East on Degollado instead of Moreles, Turned LEFT on Zaragoza went up a 1/3rd of a block and got my test.

According to the folks at the test site and workers on Zaragoza, they said yes they would continue to work on Zaragoza in front of the test site but that part of Zaragoza would never be closed and that you could always get there. I hope they were right.

Error, I meant Left

On ‎10‎/‎14‎/‎2017 at 10:13 AM, johanson said:

I went to the Chapala site Monday and got my car tested. The price went up to $400 pesos. Yes parts of Zaragoza were torn up but I went East on Degollado instead of Moreles, Turned LEFT on Zaragoza went up a 1/3rd of a block and got my test.

According to the folks at the test site and workers on Zaragoza, they said yes they would continue to work on Zaragoza in front of the test site but that part of Zaragoza would never be closed and that you could always get there. I hope they were right.  

THANK you!!!! 

NOTE the update ie LEFT above Mod5

I wish that were true Lakesde7 but that is not the case according to what I was told.  For example S&S auto which is on the other side of the street in Riberas where I bought my car provided me with a map how to get to the closest legal testing place, which is as Natasha posted not in Ribaeras. It is as, explained above, in Chapala

4 minutes ago, johanson said:

I wish that were true Lakesde7 but that is not the case according to what I was told.  For example S&S auto which is on the other side of the street in Riberas where I bought my car provided me with a map how to get to the closest legal testing place, which is as Natasha posted not in Ribaeras. It is as, explained above, in Chapala

Pete SS is on the same side as Car City. I am not saying the closest  legal testing  station...but check out CC

Sorry lakeside7, you are right, I was talking about a place across the street that would tell people they were legal when they were not. Maybe Car City will take your car for you to the closest legal spot, and have the car tested for you. I do not know.

We avoided doing business with “that place“, after one experience, for many good reasons.  We preferred honest mechanics and garages and liked to get the products we actually paid for.  Yes, the only legal inspection place is at Zaragosa #375, in Chapala, as others have stated.

I looked at Google maps and saw that if you went East on Degollado from Madero, one would have to turn left on Zaragoza to get to 375. I need to ensure that my directions are correct as I need to have my emissions test done this month.

Also, if Flávio Romero is all torn up, how do you get out of the emission test center, as Degollado is a one way street.

UPDATED LEFT above by Mod5 Also Flavio Romero is not torn up Mod5

6 minutes ago, FlyFree said:

I looked at Google maps and saw that if you went East on Degollado from Madero, one would have to turn left on Zaragoza to get to 375. I need to ensure that my directions are correct as I need to have my emissions test done this month.

Also, if Flávio Romero is all torn up, how do you get out of the emission test center, as Degollado is a one way street.

. It is Zaragoza that has the construction on it not Flavio Romero

I went to the Chapala site Monday and got my car tested. The price went up to $400 pesos. Yes parts of Zaragoza were torn up but I went East on Degollado instead of Moreles, Turned LEFTon Zaragoza went up a 1/3rd of a block and got my test.

Google maps shows you turn left on Zaragoza from Degollado to get to 375. So where on Degollado did you turn right to get to 375 Zaragoza?

FlyFree you are correct I have corrected Johanson's post to show left  Mod5

I went to the Chapala site Monday and got my car tested. The price went up to $400 pesos. Yes parts of Zaragoza were torn up but I went East on Degollado instead of Moreles, Turned right on Zaragoza went up a 1/3rd of a block and got my test.

It is explained in my first post.    WRONG SEE BELOW

Zaragoza is indeed torn up but just take Madero past the plaza, make the second right (heading east) and then make a left onto Zaragoza...you are half a block from the station. It is open and functional, despite a totally torn-up road. Just had mine done last week, and went with a friend as well. Be sure to have your tarjeta de circulación to start the process.

On 10/15/2017 at 7:28 AM, cedros said:

Maybe it does not matter if the place is legal or not as long as you get the sticker to put on your vehicle.

It matters a LOT if you get stopped. Places that are not certified have obtained stickers from questionable sources....... There are several places (including one in San Antonio on Colon) that used to be "certified" but is no longer.  That has not stopped them from continuing to have a sign saying they do it...... but they are no longer approved (reason??).

Gosh , why are we beating this issue to death

If it looks like a official sticker, and feels like a official and issued by Jalisco Transito Dept etc.,then it must be a Official Sticker.

Debating if this or that station is "official" is academic...I would suggest that an issue between the Licencing Bureau  and the testing station.

There is obviously a question of "Trust" that enters into to the process..The Licencing Dept assumes the mechanic will test the car correctly and not give you a free pass. We assume that the mechanic will not be dishonest and charge for doing work that is not required.

On second thoughts  the process sounds like everyone is swimming across a pond of alligators!!!!!!

How many of you wonder what your "facilitator" is doing when they process your , IMSS, SP or immigration papers...

TRUST

Because, as attested to in the Reporter on more than one occasion, the official agency cares not where you got your sticker. The one in Chapala has always been "official", but if Transito decides it is not an official sticker for any reason, it is not. No matter who told you otherwise. It is not an issue between the Transito and the station until they decide it is: when you are facing a fine, there is very little wiggle room.

Archived