Chapala.com Webboard

Mystery charges Telmex bill

Natasha

OK, so last month I got the "servicios especiales" 49.50 pesos charge (many have had it before me) and went in and dealt with that.

Yesterday, THIS month's bill comes, and lo and behold there's a new mystery charge -- $150 pesos for "tiendas telmex"....??

Turns out Telmex was hacked, and many accounts had cell phone charges put onto their phone bill (including ours).

Please note that if you take your bill and talk to them before you pay, they can reverse the charge right then and there. She will write the amount you should pay on the front of your bill, which you can present to the cashier. I asked for (and received) a reference number as well, in case something is not correct next time around.

And yes, the man beside me waiting in line was there to present his bill with the 49.50 "servicios especiales" added that he got this  month, so continue to be vigilant boys and girls!

8 hours ago, mudgirl said:

If one puts value on their time (as well as gas $) having to deal with ongoing BS like this, the cost of living in Mexico is not really all that much lower than NOB.

Please do encourage that attitude as much as possible. Spread the word!

3 months ago we received an email from Telmex to review our invoice & report any issues. On review we had the extra added so I sent an email same day back to them reporting that the extras were not authorized or requested. We requested an amended invoice. Well you know what has happened, as of yesterday am sending my 3rd documented notice back to them from up here in the great soon to be white north. Something to be dealt with on our return.

11 hours ago, mudgirl said:

If one puts value on their time (as well as gas $) having to deal with ongoing BS like this, the cost of living in Mexico is not really all that much lower than NOB.

Didn't you read the handbook on Mexican culture before you decided to move here. hahaha 

It doesn't bother the Mexicans as much because they don't know different.

22 hours ago, mudgirl said:

I guess it would have to depend on what city in the US you are talking about. JMO

• 2 weeks later...

I had some extra charges on my latest Telmex bill. When I went to pay it - which I had to do anyway - it took about 10 seconds for them to remove those charges and I paid the regular amount. The folks at Telmex couldn't have been more pleasant or more helpful. No hassle whatsoever - no extra time - no extra gas - no discussion. Easy!

Archived