Chapala.com Webboard

Where to go to buy a computer printer

Mainecoons

1 hour ago, Mainecoons said:

I don't want to deal with another email address, it just adds to the security problems.

My one attempt to get something from Amazon shipped here was a complete mess.  I think I'll see if I can find it in GDL.

You don't need to create a new email (I didn't).  

We have the exact same login information for Amazon.com and Amazon.com.MX  Have used both many times.  Try using the "chat" option with them, not email. We have used Amazon.com chat to ask questions pertaining to orders with Amazon.com.MX and they have been more than happy to assist us.

6 minutes ago, Mainecoons said:

The story specifically says, "when your Account gets hacked, that’s only because of your carelessness. Believe it."

I bought a Canon Pixma MG3610 Multifunctional at Sam's Club for 799 pesos several months ago. Too new to review. Just use it for little color printing and scanning. I figured at that price, I don't have worry about the price of cartridges. Just throw away the printer and buy a new one.

My main printer is HP LaserJet 1300, around 15 years and working fine. I did learn one lesson. Don't ship a LaserJet with ink cartridge still in it. What a mess. hahaha

1 minute ago, Tiny said:

My main printer is HP LaserJet 1300, around 15 years and working fine. I did learn one lesson. Don't ship a LaserJet with ink cartridge still in it. What a mess. hahaha

Been there, done that. Never mind shipping it with the toner cartridge in it... don't even move it from one house to another with the toner cartridge in it. How far does toner go? Just about everywhere. Yeah, what a mess... but at least we learned even if it was the hard way. LOL.

10 minutes ago, Ferret said:

Been there, done that. Never mind shipping it with the toner cartridge in it... don't even move it from one house to another with the toner cartridge in it. How far does toner go? Just about everywhere. Yeah, what a mess... but at least we learned even if it was the hard way. LOL.

I was not that smart, not buying two printers. hahaha It traveled from Mexico to Florida to Illinois then back to Mexico.Two of the three moves was company moves, so who cares about the cost.  hahaha

I am just glad/surprised how well it cleaned up.

We are also having very good luck with Amazon Mexico and signed up at a very cheap price for Prime. I'm betting with the new huge warehouse they are building near MX they will be stocking a whole lot more items in the future. Of course, if NAFTA goes away Amazon may wish they never built it. Vamos a ver.

In a past life our office used a Brother Laser MFC model. It was about the only thing I took away when we closed 10yrs ago! It is still operational an arms length away. Very basic very reliable, I will be tempting fate when we return & order a similar product.

Archived