Chapala.com Webboard

Telmex

artsnob

Is there a shortage of landlines, or are you 'selling" a particular number? I don't comprehend. Me, I have a perfect TelMex number: it is my bra size vs. the size I want to be. So easy to remember.

There is a shortage of landlines in certain areas. And therefore when someone moves they have been known to use the right to take their number with them to their new home, or offer It for sale. If they do not offer it for sale the next person on the waiting list gets the line or number for free.

I remember some 17 years ago when all we had for internet was dial up and of course you needed a land line for that. and many folks who were hooked up to the internet wanted a second line so that while surfing the net and someone else could receive and make phone calls.

At that time there were not enough lines (telephone #s) either and you either paid a bribe to get a second line right away, or you purchased it from someone else or you waited some 18 months until Telmex would show up with a second line.

In my case, I ordered a second line and heard it would be a long time until I would get it. So I paid an employee a bribe and got a new line in perhaps a week.  Then some 18 months later, someone from Telmex showed up to hook up the house  to the second line that I had originally ordered 18 months earlier, only to learn ,that I already had a second line. Apparently after I got my second line early, no one took me off the waiting list.

18 hours ago, JayBearII said:

Is there a shortage of landlines, or are you 'selling" a particular number? I don't comprehend. Me, I have a perfect TelMex number: it is my bra size vs. the size I want to be. So easy to remember.

LOL funny...

I had a cheerleader friend in High School who had the last four digits 2 4 6 8 I will never forget that number as I am sure you will remember yours. But everyone is now wondering what your number is Hahahahaha 

18 hours ago, JayBearII said:

2233?  (AADD)

Archived