Chapala.com Webboard

CFE Outages Yesterday and Today

At one time in Ajijic the electricity turned off at night.  Bet that is  food for thought!     If power is so important to some of you than buy a LP generator and hook it up to your big LP tank and run wires to fridge and such.  Yes CFE is a nightmare sometimes but solutions exist if you are that desperate and some of the comments sound that way.

On 10/9/2017 at 7:22 PM, mudgirl said:

Do be aware that they have sent crews from CFE all over Mexico to deal with downed power lines, etc. in areas severely effected by the earthquakes. When I spoke to a CFE agent a week and a half ago as to why they hadn't yet come to cut the coconut fronds that are lying on a major power line outside a property I manage, which I had reported over a month before, and was told "10 days", she told me they were short staffed because of the earthquakes. I didn't get the sense that she was BSing, and in fact my electrician confirmed this.

Problems around here are miniscule compared to the disaster areas in this country where the CFE workers are needed  desperately for in some instances life threatening situations still. I believe some of them have volunteered to go help in Costa Rica where it's definitely life threatening in the remote parts of that island.

edit: Lo siento,yes I meant Puerto Rico

14 minutes ago, ned small said:

Problems around here are miniscule compared to the disaster areas in this country where the CFE workers are needed  desperately for in some instances life threatening situations still. I believe some of them have volunteered to go help in Costa Rica where it's definitely life threatening in the remote parts of that island.

BIG earthquake, now Costa Rica is an island?

All I know is that 15 years ago I had outages all of the time, partially because there were not enough transformers on my street. Well maybe 8 years ago they added an additional transformer only a half a block from my house. All I know now is that I almost never have power outages and when I do, someone from CFE shows up and resets a fuse feeding one of the three phases.

The only thing I am scared about is why did they put this transformer up near the end of the road near my house? Does this mean someone plans to build more homes up in the hills behind or near my home ? :)

Archived