Chapala.com Webboard

Robitussin

luvsdawgs

I bought Robitussin DM TODAY at Farmacia Cristina. It's on the same shelf as the Vicks 44 but much closer to the prescription counter and it's in a box. I don't have a cough or cold but will be ready if and when I do.

8 hours ago, Ferret said:

I bought Robitussin DM TODAY at Farmacia Cristina. It's on the same shelf as the Vicks 44 but much closer to the prescription counter and it's in a box. I don't have a cough or cold but will be ready if and when I do.

Thank you so much, will go tomorrow and buy. I have been using a generic medicine which is better than 44 but not as good as Robitussin. Great stuff and I do swear by it.

I was told by my doctor not to use Dextromethorphan since I have asthma and weak lungs. YRMV Also please never give your dog Robitussin without having your Vet confirm that the dog has kennel cough. If the dog has some other condition, such as pneumonia, you could make it worse.

11 hours ago, Ferret said:

Tried it and it doesn't work as well for me. YMMV.

Thanks for the tip on kennel cough luvsdawgs! Is there a dosage based on size?

I used the info on the label as to the dosage for children. It did help them, I only gave it to those whose cough was very bad, the others made it through without any help. It was working through my bunch, some of the dogs did not come down with it, go figure. 

11 hours ago, luvsdawgs said:

I used the info on the label as to the dosage for children. It did help them, I only gave it to those whose cough was very bad, the others made it through without any help. It was working through my bunch, some of the dogs did not come down with it, go figure. 

my friends' had one of their 6 dogs with kennel cough and Pepe the vet came to the house,gave her a shot and it was gone in 2 days and none of the others had it. 3 of the other dogs had other problems that he fixed,hence the house call.

42 minutes ago, lakeside7 said:

How quickly we move to fixing animal ills..who thought Robitussin has these wonderful side uses ....maybe some use in the kitchen etc etc 

You got that right:

DM Dextromethorphan

DM is also used recreationally. When exceeding approved dosages, dextromethorphan acts as a dissociative anesthetic. Its mechanism of action is via multiple effects...

On 10/9/2017 at 10:13 PM, Ferret said:

Me too. There's chest colds that only this expectorant will break up. I hope you feel better soon.

Slippery Elm, a bark in powder form, actually works amazingly well as an expectorant. Don't know that you'd find it in Mexico, though.

Archived