Chapala.com Webboard

Salvador 's

lakeside7

I feel I must  give a plug for the  good old  standby Salvadors. Maybe  not a fine dining experience but a good  eaterie

The ambiance maybe lacking but the staff are eager to serve you and the prices inexpensive 

This morning for  breakfast,  2 hot cakes, 2 eggs, 3/4 pcs bacon, Inc coffee for 57 pesos 

Thanks  Jorge for being around,  one of the few restaurants who have survived the  test of time 

I would like to second that recommendation. Many of us meet there for breakfast. They have quality food at practical prices., I was talking to Jorge today and he mentioned the fact that he purchased much of his food productions in Guadalajara to include at Costco. And in my opinion Costco has high quality food.

Used to eat there all the time. Then a few years ago, there was so much business, everybody got high-falutin'. He started having music at lunchtime. He was not made aware that music in all the other places was driving people away. At the same time, he figured he could raise his prices to the "fancy" level, while still serving basic meals. That nearly killed his business.

Now he is back to normal, and is worth going to again. And as always, his turkey specials are an excellent value.

Archived