Chapala.com Webboard

Has the winter flu bug started yet

Arroyos

Just wondering if the winter flu bug has started already?  I have been laid low with much diarrhea, high fever for one day, plus a little vomiting,  and now after 2 2/12 days am starting to feel a little better, but still have a weak feeling, with dizziness when I stand up, and still sweating quite a bit.  If it does not clear up by tomorrow will head to the doctors.  Thanks for your comments.

9 hours ago, Arroyos said:

Just wondering if the winter flu bug has started already?  I have been laid low with much diarrhea, high fever for one day, plus a little vomiting,  and now after 2 2/12 days am starting to feel a little better, but still have a weak feeling, with dizziness when I stand up, and still sweating quite a bit.  If it does not clear up by tomorrow will head to the doctors.  Thanks for your comments.

You ate something BAD !!!! Not flu and quite normal here. B e careful ab out dehydration !

16 hours ago, cafemediterraneo said:

could be a Norovirus. Makes you feel like you're dying, don't know which end to point at the toilet...only lasts a day or two,but memorable to anyone who has ever had it. A friend thinks he caught his case from a restroom door handle at a sporting event...

A friend of mine told me that when she was in her 20's traveling around India, she was the only traveler she met who hadn't gotten sick there. She carried a spray bottle of Dettol and sprayed every door knob before she touched it.

On 10/5/2017 at 11:06 PM, lakeside7 said:

Perhaps  Degue.?

Ever had Dengue? Your whole body aches like every bone is broken, even your skin hurts to touch. Headache behind the eyes. Chills and fever. Upset stomach not usually part of it, though you may not have any appetite. Nor do you start to feel better after a couple days. 6 days minimum (I was lucky there), some feel ill a lot longer.

I had to take my neighbor to the clinic when he passed out twice... Dengue fever was the culprit... Seven liters of IV latter he came home... It took almost two weeks to recover... Not a good thing to catch... Good news is that the clinic only had two cases this year...

When I was up North, it was all over the news last month that this years flew bug was likely to be stronger than usual and that it was important for senior citizens to get their flu shot early. I got mine for free because I am over 65.

32 minutes ago, johanson said:

When I was up North, it was all over the news last month that this years flew bug was likely to be stronger than usual and that it was important for senior citizens to get their flu shot early. I got mine for free because I am over 65.

Not free... your insurance company pays for it. And, who pays those monthly premiums?  (unless you are one of those "free" riders) 

I thought you would understand that when I wrote," because I am over 65" , that it would mean that I was on Medicare Medical Insurance. In fact in front of some of the drug stores in my home town of Seattle you often see signs, Flu shots free to senior citizens.

On 10/7/2017 at 12:37 AM, mudgirl said:

A friend of mine told me that when she was in her 20's traveling around India, she was the only traveler she met who hadn't gotten sick there. She carried a spray bottle of Dettol and sprayed every door knob before she touched it.

Ever had Dengue? Your whole body aches like every bone is broken, even your skin hurts to touch. Headache behind the eyes. Chills and fever. Upset stomach not usually part of it, though you may not have any appetite. Nor do you start to feel better after a couple days. 6 days minimum (I was lucky there), some feel ill a lot longer.

This should go without saying, I hope everyone is treating their fruits and vegetables with an antibacterial before eating or cooking. Sometimes I get lazy.

On 10/7/2017 at 5:16 PM, johanson said:

I thought you would understand that when I wrote," because I am over 65" , that it would mean that I was on Medicare Medical Insurance. In fact in front of some of the drug stores in my home town of Seattle you often see signs, Flu shots free to senior citizens.

Really it is not free. They bill medicare and if your deductible has not been met, then you have to pay.

Thanks for all the help folks.  I did not mean some of you to get tangled up in a discussion about whether flu shots are free or not.  I really don't care; I'm Canadian.  Everything is free there, yes, and we pay for it with our taxes.

Since I reached 65, some 15 years ago, I have paid over $21,000 into Medicare, and have had two flu shots and an earache medicated by them.  Everything else was via my own pocket, or the VA.  Nothing is free!

Archived