Chapala.com Webboard

Dusty Chicken new location

dcstroker

For those of you looking to get your Dusty Chicken fix they now have a new location. They are now directly across the street from the Pemex station on the libremento. Parking still doesn't look great but at least easier to get to than their last new location which was across the street from their old location. By the way, what exactly is the name of this place? I know everyone calls it Dusty Chicken because of it's old location by the road.

2 hours ago, dcstroker said:

For those of you looking to get your Dusty Chicken fix they now have a new location. They are now directly across the street from the Pemex station on the libremento. Parking still doesn't look great but at least easier to get to than their last new location which was across the street from their old location. By the way, what exactly is the name of this place? I know everyone calls it Dusty Chicken because of it's old location by the road.

Thank you for the information.

I understand they were hauled before a judge last month. Something to do with breaking through the cement barrier. Maybe they will be looking for another new location?

4 hours ago, pappysmarket said:

I understand they were hauled before a judge last month. Something to do with breaking through the cement barrier. Maybe they will be looking for another new location?

I think that was their 2nd. location across from the original on the highway. I was there when a construction crew was dismantling the concrete barrier on the bike lane to make access easier. The next thing I knew was that I read here that they were now across from Pemex on the Liberenmento. Stopped by there yesterday for my favorite the Especial #3 and they are up and running as normal. 

Went to the new location on the libriamento today.A very slight hassle to park but definitely worth it. Same delicious chicken and really nice people - my absolute favorite! Across from the Pemex but not an issue - didn't smell any fumes from the gas station at all.

I think I may go back tomorrow! Everything I bought today is gone!!!

To be a little more specific about the San Antonio location........   they are one block west of the plaza (1/2 block west of Mario's) on Ramon Corona,  lake side.  Building is one in from the corner with San Jose, so can be approached from the highway (turning down San Jose),   the plaza, or even via Camino Real in La Floresta, which becomes Ramon Corona as you enter S.A.  Reminder Ramon Corona is a 2-way street, with all parking on uphill side.

There is a recessed "patio" to the building they are in, and is painted bright yellow so you can't miss it. Guys told me today they are not getting the traffic they'd hoped for, so maybe this might help?

23 minutes ago, midnight said:

Is there a sign on the carretera for their San Antonio location? We looked for one and didn't see a sign indicating where to turn. Now we will look for San Jose.

Turn south at the first stoplight east of the Walmart light. Continue until you reach Ramón Corona (there’s a pink house on the corner in front of you and on the right at that intersection). Turn left and find a place to park. Their new SA location will be on your right (the lake side) of the street you turned onto (Ramón Corona).

Archived