Chapala.com Webboard

Finally made it to M&J Pizza

Big Bird

After reading all the good reviews on this board and Facebook, plus hearing from friends, my wife and I invited another couple to go out with us for Pizza at the new J&M Royal Pizza.k

i must say that all four of us loved it. Probably one of the best pizza's we've had since coming to Mexico.  Another thing we liked is the cozy setting.  It reminds me of a New England neighborhood bar I used to frequently stop at every afternoon.

No one ever catches the sarcasm... Just plonking down one-word questions, like "Location?" or "Times" or "Cost?" is to me both the height of laziness and the spear of rudeness. This is a place for sharing information, so please ask nicely. We are not here to serve you.

14 minutes ago, ComputerGuy said:

No one ever catches the sarcasm... Just plonking down one-word questions, like "Location?" or "Times" or "Cost?" is to me both the height of laziness and the spear of rudeness. This is a place for sharing information, so please ask nicely. We are not here to serve you.

I guess some people have normalized text speak.

No answer their cell phone Thursday around 5 pm - figured they were closed or already out of business.   Went to the Italian restaurant in west Ajijic and while a lovely crust the rest of the pizza not so much.  Will have to give making my own a try.

Well, on Thursday I made my second attempt to eat at J&M. Just as I did the first time, I drove from Chapala just to try this delicious pizza. Arrived there at 2 p.m. and just as the first time, the place was locked up tight, no signs of life. Two wasted trips is enough. I am done. 

On the drive back to Chapala we stopped at the Food Container and had delicious hamburgers and those amazing wedge potatoes. Aaaaah. They know how to run a business.

• 2 weeks later...

We had three pizzas from J&M this past Sunday and all three of us thought they were very good. Plus it only took 12 minutes to take the order, cook them, and box them up to go.

M&J Pizza.PNG

On 10/6/2017 at 9:33 AM, ned small said:

Has anyone been to Perry's since they left? You know his pizza was excellent even before he hired them,so how is it now?

Walked by M & J Pizza today.  Perry's has plastered homes adjacent to and near M&J's with their flyers.  As I walked away from M&J's immediate area, no more of Perry's flyers to be seen.  Tacky?  Sour grapes?  

3 minutes ago, Bisbee Gal said:

Walked by M & J Pizza today.  Perry's has plastered homes adjacent to and near M&J's with their flyers.  As I walked away from M&J's immediate area, no more of Perry's flyers to be seen.  Tacky?  Sour grapes?  

Pizza Wars! 

I have had Perry's pizza and it was good. However, from the photos I have seen and reviews I have read of M&J it is no contest. Perry will need to more than hang some flyers if he wants to compete.

• 2 weeks later...

Went to J & M’s Pizza Saturday evening. Starting to fill up.  Lucky I was by my self, because all tables were full and only I seat open at bar.  If you go with a party of 4 or more, it’s best to go before 6.  The owners said, most people come at 6 pm, especially one weekends

19 minutes ago, Big Bird said:

Went to J & M’s Pizza Saturday evening. Starting to fill up.  Lucky I was by my self, because all tables were full and only I seat open at bar.  If you go with a party of 4 or more, it’s best to go before 6.  The owners said, most people come at 6 pm, especially one weekends

Big Bird...it's M & J's.  Maybe correct the title of thread (as OP you have that ability).  Gracias!

Archived