Chapala.com Webboard

Where Do You Go For a BIG Salad??

Bisbee Gal

My current fave is:

The Prosciutto Over Arugula at Tango.  Also features parmesan shavings and nuts...dressing is on the sweet side, but pairs nicely with the bitterness of the arugula.  For 88 pesos it's a bargain high end salad.  

Los Telares has a yummy Margarita salad, which is very large.  It has mixed lettuce, avocado, mango, strawberries and roast chicken chunks in it.  It's served with a homemade strawberry salad dressing on the side.  I usually end up taking half of it home for later.    :)

On ‎10‎/‎1‎/‎2017 at 12:03 PM, camillenparadise said:

If you don't mind the hike, El Rincon de Frida at Hotel Del Pescador in Joco has many big, fresh, delicious salads. Their Caesar dressing is killer! My fave is "Frida in New York" a huge chef salad. Great sandwiches too.

They have very large salads in a very nice setting.

8 minutes ago, ComputerGuy said:

Are you sure there are seconds at Yves'? He watches us like a hawk in there. Unless you get seconds if the salad is all you are buying as your meal perhaps.

I've never seen that happen.  In fact, he's seldom in that room and we dine there often. 

I'm often amazed at the size of the heaped plates that people get.

1. Fridas has the biggest portions but they are in jocotepec. They are very cheap for what you get. They don't skim on the quality however. 

2. Adelitas; the cob salad is quite a good size with lots of ingredients and you can pick your own dressing. The price is very reasonable for how much food you get  

3. Pasta Trenta; Niçoise salad is my favourite  and very affordable. 

Most other places just give you overpriced lettuce with some dressing on it and not much else.  

Also at Cocinart on Friday, they had a Vietnamese salad on special and it was extraordinary.  Best Vietnamese dish I've had here.  Owner said it was their first attempt; told them they should offer it on a regular basis.  It had very little lettuce, no noodles for filler; it was crammed full of tender chicken, herbs (cilantro,  mint, basil) and a ton of peanuts.  Dressing was nearly perfect; I like more spice so I asked them for some sriracha to drizzle on it.  

Archived