Chapala.com Webboard

Fund Raising...Operation Feed

DeborahM

Fund raising initiative for children involved in Operation Feed in San Juan Cosala. These talented kids have been very busy painting ROCKS with us...all kinds of rocks, owl rocks, ladybug rocks (in many creative colours!), Mexican and Canadian and American Flag rocks, heart mandala rocks, kitty rocks, Catrina rocks...and so on...and so on...and soon. 2764.png<3

Their first show and sale happens TOMORROW from 10 am till 1 pm at the Ajijic Plaza, beside the butcher shop on the corner. The kids are SO excited!

Smaller rocks will sell for 50 pesos each. Larger and more detailed rocks will sell for 75 to 200 pesos each. Rocks are painted with vivid acrylic paints and sealed with several layers of clear acrylic. (They will last best in shaded areas of your garden or patio, though, as the hot Mexican sun may still infiltrate the coating and fade the paints.) 1f642.png:))

This fund raiser will help these children contribute their own hard-earned money to their families, to buy food and other essentials. We hope you can come to the plaza tomorrow to meet some of these wonderful  young folks, and to  support their find raising efforts. 

Rock painting pub 5.jpg

rock painting new sept.jpg

rock painting new sept 2.jpg

Rock painting pub 4.jpg

Rock painting pub 1.jpg

rock painting pub 1b.jpg

Rock painting pub 2.jpg

We had an inventory of 108 randomly painted stones plus 41 special order stones. We had planned a three hour sale, and were sold out within 90 mts. We earned a total of 9300 pesos, and divided among three artists' families, each family received 3100 pesos.

The minimum wage per worker here, especially for unskilled and semi-skilled labour, is a little more than 80 pesos....PER DAY. Can you IMAGINE how happy these young artists are today, to bring this money home to their families? YES, they will eat well this month...and hopefully for many more months, as we continue to paint together.

A heartfelt THANK YOU to all the other generous benefactors, Donna, Judy, Chris, Deb, Shirley, Leela, Nancy, Christine, Erin, Lisa, Judy, Pat, Judy, Loren, Lee, Debra, Meta, Janet, Jeri, Cindy, Lori, Bill, Elena, Nancy, Kathy, Jill,Carol, Lynn, Bill, Poli.

Thank you also to those wonderful people who donated art supplies so these hard working and talented children can keep on painting!

Thank you also to those of you who submitted special orders...we'll have those ready for you by the end of next weekend.

Next week, a second group will start with us...watch for our next sale in the Ajijic Plaza at the end of next month!

GRACIAS a todos!      

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/3/2017 at 4:08 AM, artsnob said:

I want at least five of them  Hugz to all...Ken

Ken, your five rooster rocks will be finished this weekend. The largest stones we have are only 3 inches or so...please let me know whether this size will be suitable for you. 

This is really a great thing you all have started, not only for the families but for the kids also. I feel an excitement you must feel when your kids smile at what they have achieved and their feeling of ( I can do it ), self esteem never felt before. Same as I have experienced with my "our" kids when I founded Have Hammers 10 years ago. The best to all of you and your good works with all of our kids and keep it up. Richard Williams  

Archived