Chapala.com Webboard

Morelia restaurant recommendations?

Kevin K

On ‎10‎/‎1‎/‎2017 at 12:20 PM, Tiny said:

I was wrong about the chirizo with the raisins and almonds being made in Toluca. They do make it in Toluca but this was made by the owner of the restaurant in Morelia. His name is Señor Bulmaro. He will sell it by the kg but it is by order only. He only makes it when needed. If interested, his phone number is 443 314 0569. Please give him a few days notice so he can work it into his schedule. He will ship but you pay the shipping. Still working on the address for the street market in Guadalajara that sells the plain chirizo.

I spoke with Sr. Bulmaro Wednesday, but the noise was loud and my Spanish less than perfect, so I told him I would ask a Mexican friend to call him another day. I went to see Lori of El Fogon today, because I know she LOVES  good chorizo, and she spoke to some hostess or other who told her there was NO Sr. Bulmaro there, and tho they serve green chorizo, they never sell or ship it. Now, what's up? I want to take several kilos back to the beach with me in a couple of weeks for the starving minions there......

If you are talking about the hostess at the restaurant, no one at the restaurant would not know anything about selling and shipping. We were dealing with the owner of the restaurant, our former brother-in-law. It was my misunderstanding that he makes it. You can never trust a former brother-in-law. Just kidding. So that is where Señor Bulmaro comes into the story. He is vender, who sells and ships it. This is the way I understand now. It doesn't mean it won't change tomorrow. Sorry for the misinformation. I will try to straighten this out tomorrow.

Archived