Chapala.com Webboard
Sign in to follow this  
Bisbee Gal

La Bodega ....Art Gallery, Furnishings, Decor

I saw a Yelp review of this place online from earlier this year. The location given is vague: on the Joco-Chapala Carretera. 

Drove out today hoping to find it, but no such luck.

Anyone know this place....and where it is?

1 minute ago, barcelonaman said:

Think its where tabarka used to be.more or less opposite dental express.

I think you are thinking of UOU which is a pretty regular furniture store, not very artsy as what the Yelp pictures show.  

Yes, it is in San Juan Cosala about half way through town on the lake side of the Carreterra.  They have very interesting stuff.

1 minute ago, klm said:

Yes, it is in San Juan Cosala about half way through town on the lake side of the Carreterra.  They have very interesting stuff.

Thanks, any other landmarks?  We looked as we went thru SJC, must have missed it. 

Sorry, haven't been their in a while but I think it is near that funny street that is like a triangle going to Viva Mexico.

• Like 1

Map (if correct) is pretty clear when enlarged. Also there's a storefront photo hiding in that yelp link. And a phone number - 33 380 84353. Looks very close to Viva Mexico. Happy hunting.

59cad087c71f0_ScreenShot2017-09-26at5_08_34PM.thumb.png.c569b0d5f06e5fd15c04c139185352c6.png

Screen Shot 2017-09-26 at 5.07.34 PM.png

It has large steel doors...when they are closed...it is difficult to spot BUT they leave a cast iron figurine of a dragon outside...too heavy to move and very rusty. The prices are very high but their items are interesting.

Fred Habacht

20 hours ago, artsnob said:

The owners name is Hilda Gonzales

Correct she also has a place near IMSS clinic in Chapala

Place in SJC is on the south side of the carretra just east of the Farmicia Guadalajara store

4 hours ago, rckrckr said:

Husband is artist Francisco Gonzalez, brother of Efren. 

Francisco[Pancho] and fellow artist Christian did the 2 meter high mural of my friend in his courtyard and one day while I was there did bring a primitive drum to show my friend who is an antique expert.