Chapala.com Webboard
cedros

Costco delivery

A question from some snowbirds who are coming down in a month or so. Does Costco deliver things like a couch? I don't know and I would probably look elsewhere like Coppel, Liverpool, etc. I guess most places in Guadalajara have delivery arrangements to Lakeside.

People have mentioned that Costco delivered beds and appliances. A couch shouldn't be much different. Can't say from experience. Lots of local furniture stores to get things from.

Costco itself doesn't deliver large items. However, on the two occasions we have purchased large items from Costco (one a couch) they gave us the contact information for a private delivery service that has an delivery arrangement with Costco. I think delivery of the couch was 700 pesos last year as I recall.

We just ordered online and they delivered. Delivery charge included in price.

• Like 1

Did you need a Mexican CC to order online? I was unable to use a US CC. I spoke to someone in the PV Costco who said I needed one of their CC and offered to help me fill out the application and said approval is 100% if you are already a Costco member ( duh, how did I get in the front door?). He said it is only good for Costco purchases but I declined his offer.

I used an American Visa Card.  For your info in the US, Costco no longer demands an American Express card; they now require a visa card. So that is what I used in Mexico, with no problem. It was not a Costco Visa card. It was a B/A Visa credit card.

I have no idea whether other cards can be used or not.

Thanks all, it was a Mastercard I was trying to use so perhaps that was the problem.

I was trying to buy a treadmill but I got a better deal on Amazon.mx anyway and being Prime got free delivery also.

Not a dumb question at all. No, you buy them separately but mine was only $499 a couple of weeks ago.

For on-line orders (Costco, Walmart, etc) I use PayPal so only one company needs to know my credit card info, which is a Master Card.