Chapala.com Webboard

Costco delivery

cedros

A question from some snowbirds who are coming down in a month or so. Does Costco deliver things like a couch? I don't know and I would probably look elsewhere like Coppel, Liverpool, etc. I guess most places in Guadalajara have delivery arrangements to Lakeside.

Did you need a Mexican CC to order online? I was unable to use a US CC. I spoke to someone in the PV Costco who said I needed one of their CC and offered to help me fill out the application and said approval is 100% if you are already a Costco member ( duh, how did I get in the front door?). He said it is only good for Costco purchases but I declined his offer.

I used an American Visa Card.  For your info in the US, Costco no longer demands an American Express card; they now require a visa card. So that is what I used in Mexico, with no problem. It was not a Costco Visa card. It was a B/A Visa credit card.

I have no idea whether other cards can be used or not.

Thanks all, it was a Mastercard I was trying to use so perhaps that was the problem.

I was trying to buy a treadmill but I got a better deal on Amazon.mx anyway and being Prime got free delivery also.

Archived