Chapala.com Webboard

Focaccia - New Telephone#

Ezzie

• 1 year later...

Went to Focaccia on Thursday and ordered two large pizzas and a caprese salad. Is my mind playing tricks on me? I have always loved their pizzas. Honestly, I don't remember the crust was this cracker thin, but perhaps. The big thing was, even though both pizzas were loaded (and the waitress got several ingredients wrong on both), none of the toppings were really cooked. And little dabs of mozzerella cheese were under the ingredients. So there was no cohesiveness, no bubbling browning cheese on top. When you undercook sausage, ham, (yes, they forgot the bacon, probably a good thing), olives, etc... you devalue the pizza into an odd concoction. And the mushrooms had a vague hint of clams, or something fishy, that was unnerving.

The salad was immense and delicious.

I am so sorry to hear this. I hope it was a one off and not a sign they have lost their touch. Been going there for about eight years and have never been disappointed in a meal.  It has been awhile since I ate there. The last two times I drove out there they were closed on days they should be open. 

41 minutes ago, camillenparadise said:

Ever tried the "minestrone" at this joint? Menu shows a lovely picture of the REAL thing....but what you are served contains NOT ONE BEAN! Won't be back this century.......

You and I both... Had lasagne there once and had severe stomach problems for weeks ending in medical care and medication... Not something I ever want to repeat! Should have known better when it didn't look like any I have ever had, and I have eaten more than my share... 

I went recently and ordered Carbonara, one of my favorite pastas. No hint of bacon. It had flakes of deli mystery meat, probably flavorless ham.

The pizza was as Computer Guy described. Just, remarkable for the weird, thin crust that was closer to a cracker than pizza crust, now that you mention it.

The salad was large, (as it should be for 100p) and excellent, but it's too long a trip just for salad.

We could use a good, inexpensive salad bar here. In Guad there are two chains at food courts that sell only salads, rapidly, and at a reasonable price. We had one here years ago beside Bugambilias, but it was the lesser of the two chains, with non-fresh ingredients and also over-priced. It may have been unfresh because you need to move a lot of produce when that is your only business, and perhaps not enough people were interested.

But I find that even good salads here are over-priced. Lo Huerto, for example: excellent taste, but far too costly for what you get, especially considering it is mostly lettuce. Yes, they grow their own, but the last two I had there were already showing signs of browning edges.

Should a salad cost as much as a sandwich loaded with meat, or a chicken dinner? No.

Archived