Chapala.com Webboard

Earthquake

Vooms

MAJOR quake affecting Mexico City, Mexico State, Puebla and Morelos.  77 dead and counting. Ironically,    today is the 32nd anniversary of the major quake that flattened Mexico City in 1985.

They felt it in Ciudad Guzman here in Jalisco, and a few places in Guad were evacuated (U of G etc.) but pretty far from the epicenter to notice here.

Does anyone know what are the chances of an Earthquake in this area? I know there was an earthquake here many years ago.

Also, many Vancouverite's keep an emergency backpack within reach, in the event that there will be some shaking.

What would you pack? I was thinking passports, Home Insurance policy (it covers earthquakes) credit card, pesos, dollars,

Address book to contact family in case of emergency. But it couldn't happen here, right.

Drills all over Guadalajara. I was in Walmart on Lopez and everyone were forced outside. It was something like Protection Civil day. Also the factories next to Sam's Club had all people outside. My wife was in Melaque when the big one hit there so she has a well deserved paranoia about quakes. We do drills at our facilities often. Especially yesterday.

Just read Japan just had a quake.

Just a lame response to VetteforRon:

This is one of the other-world aliens who are kidnapping men!

raw?appid=YahooMailNeo&ymreqid=c84d7c61-ff78-5848-0185-be0a08010000&token=zitEzqOML3j84e6ealFTT5U7-km5qEQF52lp7AcCuBbc5td9lmhjapTn1vesJ-J4G9hl3dRmEchOpOvSvw-Lp_ginNICg-xftY2_3DFqbAaCZhn1Av0wM1h3cIc2LQIV

These female aliens are invading the earth and kidnapping sexy, good looking, highly intelligent older men for various experiments.
 You, personally are not in any danger..  I just letting y'all know… to say goodbye.

By the way, what on earth is a "Christian Numerologist?" Is that like Rachel Dolezal ?

A friend was in Mexico City for the 1985 earthquake. A terrible stain on the history of Mexico. He was teaching Art & ESL there when it hit. The so called huge "Fabric District" was pancaked. My friend was with the "moles", and still knows many today. They dug beyond human endurance to recover the bodies, but the owners wanted it over, and paid to move all the remaining rubble bulldozed into one pit . The families would come to the factories, "did you find our dear Lupita? she worked here four years?" No, they would say, we have never had anyone working here by that name. Thousands, or at least hundreds, of bodies left under the rubble, and a lot of bad feeling even to this day. Mexico Labour became much more militant after that point, especially in CDMX.

1 hour ago, barcelonaman said:

Anyone know what time this is going to happen?

I was thinking of queuing for a chicken pot pie but now  it might not be worth it!

Well I heard the lunch sitting at Heaven#7, will be serving homemade chicken pot pie, fresh sweet corn, buttermilk biscuits out of the oven and sweet tea - so may be you saved some money!

In answer to the question of how one can help; Last week the hamburger cafe Tipps in Laguna Mall was accepting canned foods, clean clothing, toiletries, etc., and arranging to add them to a convoy of vehicles that would drive as far as Guad. I believe the arrangement was for the donations  to be taken to Mexico City from Guadalajara.

This may be a one time effort, by Tipps, I'll enquire if they intend to repeat it. 

2 hours ago, Jistme said:

In answer to the question of how one can help; Last week the hamburger cafe Tipps in Laguna Mall was accepting canned foods, clean clothing, toiletries, etc., and arranging to add them to a convoy of vehicles that would drive as far as Guad. I believe the arrangement was for the donations  to be taken to Mexico City from Guadalajara.

This may be a one time effort, by Tipps, I'll enquire if they intend to repeat it. 

Yes, Trip's is being repeated until tomorrow at 2:00, along with other repeaters, for a caravan to Mexico City tomorrow afternoon.

Archived