Chapala.com Webboard

CHOPSTICKS

gringal

Had lunch today at Chopsticks.  Have always enjoyed their food: the yummy potstickers and all the rest, but today we tried a piece of her homemade apple pie with top crumbles.  This is an outstanding treat !  Very cinamonny; excellent crust and all the flavor of good apples.  So, who would have thunk you'd find the best apple pie in town at an Asian restaurant?  Try it!:wub:

On 9/25/2017 at 1:17 PM, gringohombre said:

Went there yesterday...closed. Only open Mon - Fri.

AND, 1 to 2 Saturday's a month for a special dim-sum luncheon, by reservation only.   (highly recommended)

If you want to be on the dim-sum email blast list, send one to:

chopsticksmx (at) gmail.com

AND, Be sure to reply FAST when you get the notification!

Finally got there and am I happy to find this treasure! Had the spring rolls (4), daily special (Wonton) and 2 beers. With generous tip total of 190p. Everything very fresh and cooked perfectly. Not a Chinese food  expert but this will be my go to spot for this type of cuisine. Limited hours (I think 11:30 to 4:30) since talking to the  owners (delightful young couple) they have 2 young children and want to have the time for their activities and family time. I joked with them that if you can make a good business by working 5 hours a day 5 days a week they have found the "magic formula". 

On 9/27/2017 at 12:37 PM, Go Solar said:

AND, 1 to 2 Saturday's a month for a special dim-sum luncheon, by reservation only.   (highly recommended)

If you want to be on the dim-sum email blast list, send one to:

chopsticksmx (at) gmail.com

AND, Be sure to reply FAST when you get the notification!

Faster than fast.  There's no predictable time when the sign up appears, and the window of opportunity is very, very small: under 1/2 hour.

18 hours ago, desafinada said:

They are no longer taking dim sum reservations by email.  You need to stop by to reserve and pay your deposit.  You can call ahead to determine if there is seating available for a particular day.

Much too complicated to bother with. A strange way to run a business and succeed.

This couple was here long ago and opened an Asian restaurant  in their home on the way to Mezcala. It was a great place but then Betty got pregnant and got their oldest son.. and they went back to Canada, I am so happy they came back.. Their current  place  is not as nice as their home was , but it is a whole lot more convenient to get to...

Anyone remembers their place in Tlachichilco? Gringal did you ever try it? 

On 10/3/2017 at 5:37 PM, cedros said:

Much too complicated to bother with. A strange way to run a business and succeed.

The previous system was even stranger:  you had to happen to check your email in the 10 to 30 minute window when they posted the dim sun event; sign up and wait for confirmation.  The new system makes more sense to me.

Their success is based on having delicious food and the fact that it is the only really good Asian restaurant in the area.B) I did time in the San Francisco Bay Area and know what the good stuff tastes like.  However,  I'm a reasonable person and don't expect that level of delight in this outpost of the world. One can hope for the future.

Archived