Jump to content
Chapala.com Webboard
cedros

Seguro Popular

Recommended Posts

Recently someone posted about signing up for SP at the new hospital in Jocotepec. For some reason I can't find that post. Does anyone know where it is?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, Metuchenmama said:

I sent you a PM

No PM received

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎19‎/‎09‎/‎2017 at 11:37 AM, Metuchenmama said:

I sent you a PM  It was requesting the same information Cedros asked for.  I don't know why it did not go through.

 

For Seguro Popular renewal you need to bring:
1. Original and copy of your resident visa, or IFE voter card/ID if a citizen.
2. Proof of address and a copy. A utility bill will do, doesn't have to be in your name.
3. Your CURP card and a copy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, El Bizco said:

For Seguro Popular renewal you need to bring:
1. Original and copy of your resident visa, or IFE voter card/ID if a citizen.
2. Proof of address and a copy. A utility bill will do, doesn't have to be in your name.
3. Your CURP card and a copy.

"Procedure for re-affiliation:

Based on the fact that CECASOEH is valid for three years, the re-affiliation according to the contribution scheme in which the family is located can be done as follows:

• Automatic reaffiliation: The families of the non-contributory regime will enjoy the automatic re-affiliation during three years of validity of the CECASOEH. At the end of this period, the State Social Protection System in Health, through the MAO's, must apply a new CECASOEH -  CECASOEH (Cédula de Características Socio-Económicas del Hogar).(Certificate of Socio-Economic Characteristics of the Home).

Simplified re-affiliation: The families of the contributory scheme may be re-affiliated by accrediting the payment of the corresponding quota. This simplified re-affiliation may take place during the three years of validity of CECASOEH. At the end of this period, the State Social Protection System in Health, through the MAO's, must apply a new CECASOEH.

For any of this type of re-affiliation when the holder goes to perform this process must submit a copy of the Policy or receipt of payment as the case may be, and the following documents:
• Official Identification (Voter's credential, current driver's license, Military Card, valid passport).
• CURP (Single Population Registration Code) of each of the members.
• Proof of address (Receipt of water or RECENT light).

If your Membership Policy was lost, just provide the name and submit an official photo ID"

http://seguropopular.tamaulipas.gob.mx/afiliacion/proceso-de-afiliacion-y-reafilacion/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, El Bizco said:

For Seguro Popular renewal you need to bring:
1. Original and copy of your resident visa, or IFE voter card/ID if a citizen.
2. Proof of address and a copy. A utility bill will do, doesn't have to be in your name.
3. Your CURP card and a copy.

What about for first time application-not renewal?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, cedros said:

What a bout for first time application-not renewal?

"Procedure for affiliation:
• The holder of the families eligible for incorporation will attend an MAO (Affiliation and Orientation Module) to express their willingness to join the System, which may also be carried out before the brigades of affiliation and re-affiliation that for the purpose are constituted.
• The MAO's  staff will ask the interested party to provide the necessary information to request the CECASOEH (Certificate of Socio-Economic Characteristics of the Home). [This is done verbably]
• The MAO staff or the affiliation employees will apply the CECASOEH. Once signed by the holder of the family, it will be considered as the request of affiliation of the families to the System.
• The holder must provide a simple copy of the following documents:

• Official ID (Elector's credential, current driver's license, Military Ticket, valid passport, INM card).
◦CURP (Single Code of Population Register) of each of the members.
◦ Domicile Proof (Receipt of water or RECENT light).

• The information obtained in CECASOEH and the documentation indicated in the previous point will be handled in a confidential way.
• Cover the family quota, except for families that due to their socio-economic status enter the non-contributory regime.
• The MAO or staff will provide the Letter of Rights and Obligations and will issue the Affiliation Policy indicating the holder, the beneficiaries of the family, the validity of their rights, the annual family fee and the medical unit Health) that corresponds to them."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, AlanMexicali said:

"Procedure for affiliation:
• The holder of the families eligible for incorporation will attend an MAO (Affiliation and Orientation Module) to express their willingness to join the System, which may also be carried out before the brigades of affiliation and re-affiliation that for the purpose are constituted.
• The MAO's  staff will ask the interested party to provide the necessary information to request the CECASOEH (Certificate of Socio-Economic Characteristics of the Home). [This is done verbably]
• The MAO staff or the affiliation employees will apply the CECASOEH. Once signed by the holder of the family, it will be considered as the request of affiliation of the families to the System.
• The holder must provide a simple copy of the following documents:

• Official ID (Elector's credential, current driver's license, Military Ticket, valid passport, INM card).
◦CURP (Single Code of Population Register) of each of the members.
◦ Domicile Proof (Receipt of water or RECENT light).

• The information obtained in CECASOEH and the documentation indicated in the previous point will be handled in a confidential way.
• Cover the family quota, except for families that due to their socio-economic status enter the non-contributory regime.
• The MAO or staff will provide the Letter of Rights and Obligations and will issue the Affiliation Policy indicating the holder, the beneficiaries of the family, the validity of their rights, the annual family fee and the medical unit Health) that corresponds to them."

????

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, cedros said:

????

To join the Seguro Popular you need to be a legal resident of Mexico. [the passport mentioned above is for Mexican citizens, not foreigners] They ask you questions about your living conditions and property you own. If you rent or do not own a vehicle it is feee and if you have a certain amount of assets and own a house and vehicle they might charge you and your family a yearly fee to join on a scale according to the amount of assets you have. If you qualify for free the contract is for 3 years and if you need to pay a fee the contract is for 1 year. Upon renewing you will be asked the same questions to evaluate your current circumstances. Only about 2% of Seguro Popular members and their families pay an annual fee. After waiting your turn and bringing in the originals and copies of what they ask for you will have a contract in about 25 to 30 minutes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for all the information except for this bit; MAO (Affiliation and Orientation Module). What/where is that? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One more question if I may. Once you have done the paperwork at the SP hospital in El Chante do you need to register with a Doctor at a clinic near you. (In my case it would be San Juan Cosala probably).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, cedros said:

One more question if I may. Once you have done the paperwork at the SP hospital in El Chante do you need to register with a Doctor at a clinic near you. (In my case it would be San Juan Cosala probably).

All large clinics and all Seguro Popular hospitals have Affiliation and Orientation Modules and when you get your contract they print out the location of the nearest clinic to you to go to to get your appointment booklet and there between 8AM and 10AM Mon. to Fri.  you make an appointment to see a GP Doctor usually the next day or 2. Before you go in to see the Dr. you go to the nurse´s station or in some clinics a desk in the waiting área where they open your file and ask you questions about your previous operations, list off about 25 to 30 medical questions you answer yes or no to [examples: did any of your family have cáncer or heart attacks, if yes who, did you ever have mumps, did you ever have tuberculosis, etc.] , and what your current medical conditions are, what medications you are on, your vitals, weight and height and if you didn´t eat anything take your blood sugar level. Take all your prescriptions and medicines if you want to continue getting them without being diagnosed by  Seguro Popular specialists to the Dr..

I helped my buddy get his enrollment changed from SLP to Puerto Vallarta in June. They gave him a new 3 year contract instead of changing his address.  We got him an appointmet the next morning and we had him set up and the GP gave him prescriptions for all his medicines [prescriptions from a US Doctor and in vials with the doses and instructions on them from the US] at that first  appointment without requiring him to be diagnosed by SP specialists. She only carefully looked at the vials and wrote prescriptions based on that information. Once she entered al this information in his file she will be able to continue writing his perscriptions every month by looking at that information. If you need to be diagnosed by a SP specialist it might take 3 months or more before it is over and he sends a letter authorizing your GP to write perscriptions that he gave you.

I have done this for 7 people in the last 7 years at the SP and 3 times at IMSS. I belong to the ISSSTE. I take my wife´s ageing relatives and some of our friends family to their specialists appointments at all 3 of these socialized medicine hospitals as I am now noted for getting them in and out fast and have a car.

 The SP is much more lenient, IMSS is not as much and ISSSTE is hard a**ed when following rules. I don´t even think ISSSTE would give prescritions without their specialists diagnosing you all over again and filing their paperwork into their system.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You may be asked to provide a Constancia de Residencia, proof of residence.  This is a letter that you will obtain from the Presidencia in Jocotepec on the plaza.  You will need to bring your visa, CFE bill, Curp, passport, and a photo (infantil ?) to get the letter.  About 38 pesos.  Then you take that to the hospital in El Chante.  YMMV, sometimes they ask for this and sometimes not, depende.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Metuchenmama said:

Thanks for the info El Bizco.  Did you need an appointment at the Jocotopec hospital to get the renewal or is a walk in ok?

You just walk in. I went at 2pm and there was no line at all. Took me less than 5 minutes. The window closes at 3pm. The documents I was asked for were exactly what I posted above. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks again. I guess you have to be prepared for anything. I know a guy that did it here and after registering with a local doctor he also had to go to Guadalajara to register with the hospital there in case he needed to use that hospital at some point.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, cedros said:

Thanks again. I guess you have to be prepared for anything. I know a guy that did it here and after registering with a local doctor he also had to go to Guadalajara to register with the hospital there in case he needed to use that hospital at some point.

I went to the SJC clinic after I originally enrolled and was told there was nothing more to do (despite what other people have posted about this which no doubt is true for where they are). But it was good to go to look around, see the set up, get the hours, etc.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just registered in Chapala, very easy and fast, I brought all of the docs mentioned here (CURP, CFE, Passport and RP) and also birth certificate and copy. Not sure that is needed but they took the copy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, LaChula2 said:

When I wanted to enroll about a year ago in Chapala, they said I am too old!   Is that "kosher?"

 

I never heard of that. I thought they took everyone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...