Jump to content
Chapala.com Webboard

Any difference between Costco's?


Recommended Posts

The one on Lopez Mateos is closer to me and easier to access and is newer. No reason to go to the other one. An amazing things happened at it to me lately. A few months back a staff member approached me after I had checked out she said she was going to give me a new card. She took my grey one and gave be a black one. The black one gives me a 2% discount. I noticed I now get the regular receipt plus a smaller receipt. I didn't know what the small one was. It is a coupon for a farther discount. You need to go online to Costco's website, register, and then enter the code on the small receipt. The coupon was for 200. Then you can choose from a number of items and use the coupon to purchase it. Costco then delivers the product to your home. Complicated. So a guy behind the desk did it all for me. Yesterday the item I had purchased arrived at my home via FedEx. They pay for the courier!    

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, cedros said:

The one on Lopez Mateos is closer to me and easier to access and is newer. No reason to go to the other one. An amazing things happened at it to me lately. A few months back a staff member approached me after I had checked out she said she was going to give me a new card. She took my grey one and gave be a black one. The black one gives me a 2% discount. I noticed I now get the regular receipt plus a smaller receipt. I didn't know what the small one was. It is a coupon for a farther discount. You need to go online to Costco's website, register, and then enter the code on the small receipt. The coupon was for 200. Then you can choose from a number of items and use the coupon to purchase it. Costco then delivers the product to your home. Complicated. So a guy behind the desk did it all for me. Yesterday the item I had purchased arrived at my home via FedEx. They pay for the courier!    

Is that not the "Executive Membership" where you have to pay a higher yearly fee, and then you get the 2% back at year end as a credit?

  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

41 minutes ago, gimpychimp said:

Is that not the "Executive Membership" where you have to pay a higher yearly fee, and then you get the 2% back at year end as a credit?

No I get the 2% right away.

  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Correction the first time I used my new black card I got the 2% discount plus the 2% for cash. The next time I used it I just got the 2% discount for cash.

  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Mainecoons said:

Are they doing this instead of adjusting prices for the better exchange rate, I wonder?

BTW I believe the Lopez Mateos Costco is the larger of the two, not the original one at Galerias.  

I agree that the Lopez Mateos Costco is larger. It appears that they also have an extra row of coolers/freezers.


The parking is far superior to the Av. Vallarta location.

 

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, gimpychimp said:

Is that not the "Executive Membership" where you have to pay a higher yearly fee, and then you get the 2% back at year end as a credit?

The Executive membership gives you a 2% credit at year end. They deduct the cost of the new membership renewal and then give you a credit against further purchases.


If you pay in cash you are given a 2 % discount regardless of the type of your  membership.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Lopez Mateo store is SMALLER than Galerias and has that smaller space covering food court  and tire sales inside. Smaller inventory of wine and meat and the aforementioned lack of prime beef. Wed and Thurs are good days to shop Galerias as Costco gets their meat delivery on Tuesday. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, tomgates said:

Lopez Mateo store is SMALLER than Galerias and has that smaller space covering food court  and tire sales inside. Smaller inventory of wine and meat and the aforementioned lack of prime beef. Wed and Thurs are good days to shop Galerias as Costco gets their meat delivery on Tuesday. 

We shop at both and always felt that the Lopez Mateos store was larger.

Your statement had me curious.

I went to Google Earth and measured both stores (including outside area under roof).

My measurements show the Lopez Materos store at 149,943 sq ft and the Av. Vallarta store at 124,410 sq ft.

Naturally my measurements are approximate.

 

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...