Chapala.com Webboard

Traveling to France

Zeb

The "elitists" have crawled out from under their rocks again here.  If you don't agree with them you are always in their sights. Sorry, that dog won't hunt anymore here. Elitists get respect ONLY from other elitist. They only read and hear what they want. Their futile attempts at putting people down now become "laughable". What a sad end they reap. :(

34 minutes ago, barcelonaman said:

Elitists? Bloody hell.

Its proven and good information from people who are born and lived in these countries. Mostly well travelled and educated.Not rednecks , trump et players or doomongers  who live in their own little world,reading bs from internet.

How do you achieve "elitist" status like, presumably, bmh?  Easy.  Here's one:  Be a French citizen with a long and successful career, a good education and a history of world travel.  Or: just have a good education, have traveled, get information from as many news and other sources and points of view as possible before making judgments.  Elitists are terrible people, si?   Now, where's that clown emoji?

BTW, is it really okay on this board to refer to other posters as "crawling out from under their rocks" ?  Sounds pretty personal and insulting to me. You think it might be possible for us to disagree without snarling?

hud, the BBC has an artical about how to do your makeup after an acid attack, i feel so much better now. they post photos of the alleged burn victims. photoshopped, or just amishophobia? this is mainstream news? is the BBC turning right wing?? shame on them. ive seen these photos for years of arab women. now the tourists can enjoy the diversity of europe! they can stock up on the correct cosmetics. now a new business can be created. jobs jobs jobs!! the message is: dont get those boys mad. dont give the side eye. sorry to go off topic: best to fly to mex city & then direct to france.

"BTW, is it really okay on this board to refer to other posters as "crawling out from under their rocks" ?  Sounds pretty personal and insulting to me. You think it might be possible for us to disagree without snarling?"

It appears that personal insults are tolerated more when the person doing the insulting leans in the right direction. 

gringal, the socalled elitist said, that city in south of france is dangerous. then she walks it back w/the "narrative". double message. the first statement is the correct on about the danger, & she does know about connecting flights. that city is now trashed up & is a slum, you would not reconize it.

6 minutes ago, betty7 said:

gringal, the socalled elitist said, that city in south of france is dangerous. then she walks it back w/the "narrative". double message. the first statement is the correct on. she does know about connecting flights. that city is now trashed up & is a slum, you would not reconize it.

Betty,  why don't get your facts straight about who said what about which before commenting?    Bmh spoke about the city in France.  Never been there myself.

15 minutes ago, betty7 said:

oh pleeeze zena, try going on twitter. both sides resort to that. try TOB octogon, many rock references. i dont speak that way, but lets leave politics out of this? try to contain yourself. thankyou.

Betty:  This is NOT TWITTER.  Got that?   How about reading the instructions about what is and is not okay on THIS board?

zena was getting political. i corrected her about her view, & mentioned politics are not allowed on the board. many rock references here as well as TOB. let it go. the OPs question was answered. personally i would spend a night in MX city. that trip to france is quite long. BMH is familar w/danger as well.

Betty7  Please back off.  I am going have to lock this thread

Mod5.1

4 hours ago, Xena said:

"BTW, is it really okay on this board to refer to other posters as "crawling out from under their rocks" ?  Sounds pretty personal and insulting to me. You think it might be possible for us to disagree without snarling?"

It appears that personal insults are tolerated more when the person doing the insulting leans in the right direction. 

You've issued plenty of them and you're still here.   Along with a number of your friends from TOB who are also very good at getting personal.  Unlike TOB where anyone to the right of Karl Marx is endlessly villified we try to give space here for both sides.  However, getting personal is verboten and will remain so.

This is out of hand and I'm dealing with it.  Betty is on indefinite time out.  It is ridiculous this thread about taking a trip to France turned into another personal slugfest.  Some of us really have too much time on their hands.  Feel free to use it volunteering, among other things we could use some new hands to help with graffiti control.

Thanks.

Archived