Chapala.com Webboard

Traveling to France

Zeb

I am considering a trip to Nice, France to visit family.  I have not flown there in about 30 years.....I did a quick search on flights and, oh my, is it a long trip with many choices on where to make the stops.  Most have 2 or 3 stops.

For those of you who have made the trip within the last year or so, do you have any recommendations as to the best route to choose for least amount of stress? Departure from GDL, of course.

6 minutes ago, Zeb said:

I am considering a trip to Nice, France to visit family.  I have not flown there in about 30 years.....I did a quick search on flights and, oh my, is it a long trip with many choices on where to make the stops.  Most have 2 or 3 stops.

For those of you who have made the trip within the last year or so, do you have any recommendations as to the best route to choose for least amount of stress? Departure from GDL, of course.

United through Houston and Frankfurt was the quickest I found. Both layovers are less than 1.5 hrs. each with a total travel time of 16 h 10 min.

1 minute ago, pappysmarket said:

United through Houston and Frankfurt was the quickest I found. Both layovers are less than 1.5 hrs. each with a total travel time of 16 h 10 min.

Was that a pretty good amount of time to change flights?  I have never been to that Frankfurt airport?

11 hours ago, sugarplumfaerie said:

Avoid going through the U.S. if you can.  The security you have to go through just to stop in that country is ridiculous. 

It is ridiculous.  You are correct about that!  Total police state.

air france. KLM; Aero Mexico and Delta are all partners so shop their prices; I got the best price on Air France but the deals change quickly;

I did nt want to go via Amsterdam or any other stop as I will come  back with extra luggage and you get charged extra for every leg of the trip:

I also never go via the States although the best deql go through there

I took vivaaerobus to Mexico ; the 12.35 or around there is very often  one hour  late  and works well to get Air France 179 leaving at 7hé(pm and arriving in Paris at 12..35am

If you like a more on time airline with  garantied arrival take aeromexico

If you travel in France, be very aware of your surroundings. Since it is "not a Total Police State", there are frequent attacks on pedestrians with acid throwing and terrorist bombs. I just have a feeling those who have been attacked kinda wish they had gone to one of those "Police States" instead. JMHO. 

2 hours ago, Hud said:

If you travel in France, be very aware of your surroundings. Since it is "not a Total Police State", there are frequent attacks on pedestrians with acid throwing and terrorist bombs. I just have a feeling those who have been attacked kinda wish they had gone to one of those "Police States" instead. JMHO. 

Really??  Seriously?? Been lately?? First hand experience?? I'd take travelling in France over travelling in the US any day and I've done both frequently.

8 minutes ago, conejorapido said:

Really??  Seriously?? Been lately?? First hand experience?? I'd take travelling in France over travelling in the US any day and I've done both frequently.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/official-4-us-tourists-attacked-acid-marseille-134411687.html

Laugh at that rabbit man. Be sure to read it all. Some here need to engage a brain before their mouth, no?

Marseille is dangerous and always has been.. My cousins had to move out in the mid 70 S ; they lived in the old port and that became way too dangerous for the natives. Marseille is a dangerous city if you do not know it and go to places where you do not belong but it is also  a city I really like without many tourists. Nice is a world away from Marseille..

The Saint Charles station is right above the old port which has turned into a North African quarter and the woman who did the attack was either  taking her feelings out on Americqns  who are not the most love nationality  as they support Isrqel or she was a nut not any different from the mass shooters you have in the States or both::

On the other hand Paris is very safe for a large city and no more dangerous than London or Madrid or Rome etc.. you can get hit by terrorism anywhere in Europe so if you want to be very safe stay home in Texas:

I do not worry abou acid or bomb throwers here and my sister live in a very mixed neighborhood;  we shop and live along side of people from North Africa and we have zero problems, in the neighborhood everyone knows everyone else and in the building there are people from all races and religions and people get along and socialize without any problems;;There are nuts everywhere  and the States has their share so  why be afraid of Paris more than any city of similar size in the States

ofcause there were no acid attacks, or hammer attacks in france. dont believe the news. all is well in france, & london. seems the news reported 4 attacks in several days. if its true its those amish refugees again, but dont rush to judgement. safest place is the subway in marseille, better than cabs. enjoy. if something happens we can use the smiley face.:D remember dont be phobic, someone might get mad.

hud, trends change week to week. bombs are always popular, cars & trucks. the new thing is the acid. this is a middle eastern punishment for women. now the amish in england & france are doing it. the news reports? dont bother: if you want more info consult chapalawebboard. some of the expats have actually traveled to france & can attest that this never happend.

21 hours ago, Hud said:

Better steer clear of... well, everywhere, then.

During the past few months there have been acid attacks in london.they are well publiced in the press. However they are few and far between.same as getting caught up in bad stuff around here and gdl..

But amish ?? Your havin larff aintya?

https://www.google.com.mx/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/world/2017/aug/07/acid-attacks-gang-violence-london-emerging-link

Where do you get this rubbish from?

Archived