Chapala.com Webboard

Documents for Permanente for Laredo

Zeb

I am considering going to Laredo instead of Houston Consulate as Houston staff are miserable people who make everything harder than it has to be.  I have been to the Houston Consulate three times.  What a waste!  I had everything on their damn list, and yet they wanted something not on the list.  Then they balked because I did not have original bank statements.  Well, our credit union does not send out originals anymore.  You have to print them on line.  I ran to the credit union to get them to stamp my copies "original" as they requested.  Well, then have no such stamp, and on it goes........Then they insisted on an original marriage certificate, although I told them prior to making the appointment that the income was joint and asked if that would be a problem.  They said no problem, but it was.  There is so much more to the story that is insane, but I won't go there right now.   I tried to get an affirmative answer a second time prior to going back for the fourth time and they insisted I did not need the marriage certificate!

As we have a home is Houston, this seemed that it should have been easier.

Anyway, if anyone has a list of required documents specific to the Laredo Consulate for Permanente, I'd appreciate your sharing it with me.  I know every consulate has some slightly different requirements.  I checked the internet and did not find this list on their web site.

I am wondering if I could send them the documents to check that I have everything before making the trip.

I agree with the issues at Houston and staff being very difficult vs Laredo staff who are there to make it happen. In Houston clients, who are a family of 4 were asked for a apostille marriage license. They then went to Laredo and they were done in about 2 hours. 

Consulates that take appointments require one appointment per person meaning a couple, 2 appointments, a family of 4 needs 4 appointments so they may set aside the time. Laredo appointments are only between 8 am to 11 am. 

At least every other week clients go to Laredo including Canadians. I make their appointments on line and they are done in approx. 90 minutes. They take the requirements as per my web site. http://www.soniadiaz.mx/immigration---visas.html  No one has been declined. 

For other consulates I also recommend reading the consulate's web site. Some only take appointments visa email and not the national web site; some allow walk-ins; Chicago has only a 1 hour window for appointments; Calgary, Orlando, Miami consulate staff and others can be difficult. 

Thanks to all who find my web site beneficial. It averages 1000 views per day; 61,000 total in the months of July and August. 

I do consultations with people every week and help them prepare their documents and make the appointments.  So far everyone approved and no surprises.  You can invest 1,000 pesos or make a few trips and spend a few days in Texas based off of information on the internet that may or may not apply to your specific situation. 

18 hours ago, Sonia said:

I agree with the issues at Houston and staff being very difficult vs Laredo staff who are there to make it happen. In Houston clients, who are a family of 4 were asked for a apostille marriage license. They then went to Laredo and they were done in about 2 hours. 

Consulates that take appointments require one appointment per person meaning a couple, 2 appointments, a family of 4 needs 4 appointments so they may set aside the time. Laredo appointments are only between 8 am to 11 am. 

At least every other week clients go to Laredo including Canadians. I make their appointments on line and they are done in approx. 90 minutes. They take the requirements as per my web site. http://www.soniadiaz.mx/immigration---visas.html  No one has been declined. 

For other consulates I also recommend reading the consulate's web site. Some only take appointments visa email and not the national web site; some allow walk-ins; Chicago has only a 1 hour window for appointments; Calgary, Orlando, Miami consulate staff and others can be difficult. 

Thanks to all who find my web site beneficial. It averages 1000 views per day; 61,000 total in the months of July and August. 

Thanks for link.  I have no success with it.  I keep getting error 404.  I also tried accessing it without the link and get the same result.  Also, I finally got to it, but it is illegible:

10 minutes ago, Zeb said:

Thanks for link.  I have no success with it.  I keep getting error 404.  I also tried accessing it without the link and get the same result.  Also, I finally got to it, but it is illegible:

Try another browser.... I can get to it with Safari and Chrome and Firefox.  Valuable info there too!

Laredo has been accepting printed out copies.

• 3 months later...
7 minutes ago, Zeb said:

I was hoping to e-mail them my documents for them to confirm it is all they need.  I am not sure if they do that.

Don't bother. There is a checklist available in many places. Good luck and do not forget to smile during the whole process. 

You can not take too much. Laredo staff are really receptive. Make 2 appointments if a couple. You will be seen together but they set aside the time of two people. You should be done in 90 minutes. 

Good luck.

Pls report back on your success.

2 hours ago, Sonia said:

You can not take too much. Laredo staff are really receptive. Make 2 appointments if a couple. You will be seen together but they set aside the time of two people. You should be done in 90 minutes. 

Good luck.

Pls report back on your success.

Sonia,

You are a real sweetie to help answer these questions.  I am the only one going as my spouse already has residency.  I am the one that lost the residency card in Houston and has to start over.  I did not want to apply through his residency as it is my understanding that it would only give me temporal and they I would have to wait quite a while to obtain Permanente.  It would certainly be easier than going to Laredo though.

I will bring my marriage certificate in that case due to the names being different.  Also the address on the financials are different from the address I wrote on my application as we don't get mail at the residence address.  Hopefully, that won't be an issue either.  I have been so burned by the Houston Consulate (after three visits there)   that it makes me nervous about not having something. 

Zeb you will be fine. I know of others go to Houston which I do not recommend. It was so difficult. They contacted me and I  suggested they go to Laredo and the family of 4 was done in 2 hours and approved.

Archived