Chapala.com Webboard

Anyone in Jocotepec teaching wheel thrown pottery?

J.Miller

I might be interested in some wheel thrown pottery lessons or some clay sculpture.  Does anyone have any information on who teaches?  My preference would be in Joco. but we could probably manage Ajijic.

There is a very well run Cultural Center in downtown Jocotepec where you can go to the office and ask about local pottery lessons.  I'd suggest you start there.

The Ajijic Society of Arts has a list of its members who teach various arts and crafts.  Their next meeting is on October 2 at the La Bodega Restaurant on 16 de Septiembre in Ajijic at 10:00 a.m..  Someone can provide you with the information you want at that time, or if you know a member, he/she can look on their website files and give you a name or names. 

Gringal Thanks for the information on Joco's cultural center; I will look into that.  I am actually a member of ASA but have a hard time getting to meetings because they are so early and it is a long drive from Roca Azul.  I am just debating on whether or not to hang a painting in the show coming up at the cultural center in Ajijic for the same reason!

Gringal Thanks for the information on Joco's cultural center; I will look into that.  I am actually a member of ASA but have a hard time getting to meetings because they are so early and it is a long drive from Roca Azul.  I am just debating on whether or not to hang a painting in the show coming up at the cultural center in Ajijic for the same reason!

If you are a member, go to "files" on the website and look for the list of teaching members.  It will include information about what's taught and where, and maybe one of them is near you.

I do hope you join in the new show, and would recommend getting there early enough for the take-in on Sept 17th  to find parking somewhere near the CC.

For people in general who may be reading this:  the ASA is having a show at the Ajijic Cultural Center with the Opening from 4-6 on Sunday, Sept 17th.  Please come.

Archived