Chapala.com Webboard

My dog is being treated for spondylosis, got a cortisone shot Monday and is taking Tramadol now.  Having talked to the vet, I might have to start Rimadyl soon.  I hear that it is pretty expensive (and I am already spending a lot on supplements from the US and Europe).

Where do you buy it and what is the price per tablet ?  My dog weighs about 8.5 kilo (18 pounds ?).

Thanks,

Rony

1 hour ago, camillenparadise said:

I don't know the cost, Rony, but it is certainly effective!

So I heard, Camille, but I have to wait to get the cortisone out of her system first.

I used it for 3 large dogs but found the price prohibitive so did some research and discovered that Meloxicam is almost identical in effect and costs less than 1/10th of the price. I bought it over the counter here. They don't sell the enteric coated tablets in Mexico but if you coat them with butter, it works. Good luck!

Meloxicam is known as Mobic works as an Non steroidal anti-inflammatory that is much easier on the digestive system but you need to assure that the patient drinks plenty of water (human or animal) to minimize potential kidney issues..Hope it works for Virginia..It is available in Mexico w/oa prescription..

Thank you, but Meloxicam didnt work for her.  And I need good anti inflamm. medication as a combination with the Tramadol.

1 hour ago, camillenparadise said:

Can you use Dichlofenaco on dogs? Works like a charm on me!

Don't you think that question would be better answered by a veterinarian?

And yes, it works well in humans---- but is now known to have drastic side effects (especially stomachs) in humans and oral use in US / Canada is being markedly reduced. Topical gel seems not to be as risky.

I did a bit on online research and yes it is very expensive. There are a couple of generics that are a bit more affordable.

Generic to Rimadyl Caplets - Novox Caplets, Generic to Rimadyl Chewables Quellin Chewables

Here is a chart from Dr Foster and Grant http://www.drsfostersmith.com/product/prod_display.cfm?pcatid=1454

rimadyl.png.1001f046013cad3b35f58959b68bd3c0.png

I did a bit on online research and yes it is very expensive. There are a couple of generics that are a bit more affordable.

Generic to Rimadyl Caplets - Novox Caplets, Generic to Rimadyl Chewables Quellin Chewables

Here is a chart from Dr Foster and Grant http://www.drsfostersmith.com/product/prod_display.cfm?pcatid=1454

rimadyl.png.1001f046013cad3b35f58959b68bd3c0.png

Thanks for taking the time !  I really appreciate it.

Archived