Chapala.com Webboard

Two more hurricanes forming that may join Irma

According to Accuweather there are two more hurricanes forming in and around the mid atlantic that could potentially merge with Irma or just follow after her.  Their names are hurricane Jose and hurricane Katia.  Since my meterological knowledge is bare minimum, maybe some experts could chime in for what is happening and if it will affect us much.  And what is happening down here in Jalisco?  Maincoons mentioned that a tropical storm was about to come across Mexico, I guess that is what is happening right now, but I don't see any mention of it on accuweather.  On the map it shows storm clouds on both coasts of Mexico but no mention of a tropical storm.

Our weather is affected by the mess out in the Pacific.

I have family that just moved from Dallas to San Juan Puerto Rico 2 weeks ago and are having to face the big monster heading their way. They drove 2 hours in a rent car to Ponce on the south side of the island hoping to fare better than Old Town.

Clear skies in a month? For now it looks like rain in most of Mexico.

isemex.jpg.51d250c1b44bc4636de728eafab3e7c6.jpg

25 minutes ago, bournemouth said:

See here:  http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/?atlc

and here:  https://m.accuweather.com/en/mx/national/satellite?play=1

Family in Tampa went to the store this morning to stock up and all the large bottles of water were already gone.  People are taking this very seriously, after Texas.

You would think that people that live in those areas would keep a few empty bottles around and fill them with tap water.

I don't even remember seeing bottled water until a couple of decades ago.

This kinda reminds me of the comedy movie where the two guys are trying to get a fire started rubbing sticks together, can't do it and decide to take a cigarette break and light their cigarettes with a lighter.

Now, people are fighting over bottled water BEFORE the storm hits?

Go buy some one gallon freezer bags and fill them with water.  Put them in the freezer and you are set.

If you have a pickup truck and a garage, you can line the bed of the truck with cheap plastic and fill it with a hose.  You will have a few hundred gallons of clean water to see you through the storm.

If you have a pickup truck and a garage, you can line the bed of the truck with cheap plastic and fill it with a hose.  You will have a few hundred gallons of clean water to see you through the storm.

..or a mini-pool:ph34r:

Unknown-6.jpeg

According to extensive research conducted by Exxon scientists during the 1970s, the continued burning of fossil fuels would result in global warming, sea level rise and more powerful hurricanes. Instead of warning the general public of these dangers, Exxon has engaged in a 40-yearlong disinformation campaign to convince people that these dangers do not exist. Anyone who still denies the reality of man-made global warming and its consequences has been duped by this disinformation campaign and holds an opinion contrary to those of Exxon's own research scientisis. You can read their report from 1978 by searching for ''Exxon knew'' on the Internet. Of course, 98% of scientists have now verified what Exxon knew decades ago. Let me suggest that you science deniers deny the existense of gravity, jump off a building and see what happens. Denying the reality of man-made global warming is just as suicidal.

No, this is what is called hurricane season and it has been around as long as climate change. :)

Exactly right.  And...climate change has been around since the earth was created by God.  Greenland is called by that name because it was once lush and green and is now ice.  That is a natural process.

Poor Alex, poor poor Alex, you need to stop reading the junk on the net. Your precious 98% talking point has been a joke for years. You really need to learn some critical thinking and stop reading the junk. Now, I realize that isn't going to change you one iota, but thanks for providing comedy relief on an otherwise dreary day.

That's a fact and some serious research was undertaken to alleviate the problem. A balloon was attached to a harness that was fitted to cows hind quarters and when gas was passed, it was captured by the balloon with the plan to recover the trapped gas and claim carbon credits. Unfortunately the methane produced was lighter than air and in some cases, as the balloon filled, tended to lift the rear quarters of smaller cows off the ground making them edgy and cantankerous and interfering with their ability to calmly graze. The project was terminated with a final report on the entire project titled "Cows Do What Cows Do" - it was a very very short report.

Yes, it's hurricane season, nothing new. But the strength of these hurricanes in the last couple of years is unprecedented. I'm curious- what do man-made climate change deniers think the VAST majority of the world's scientists stand to gain by lying to the public about the damage we continue to do by our greed? (whereas the companies that continue to cause this destruction have plenty to gain)

Archived