Chapala.com Webboard

Proof of Residency Question Again

hensley

Ok here I am again with no proof.

Yes I have a lease but a well known lawyer here, did not put my name on it.

So how do I prove proof of residency?

I know I need to go to Chapala and get a Carta de Residencia but how do I prove where I live?

Utility bill is in my husbands name, Bank account lists him first so my name will not print on a statement.

45 minutes ago, hensley said:

Thank you, I think we will try the phone bill thing, will they give us a copy right away? As our monthly should be coming any day.

Julie, I just did this a couple of weeks ago and they give you a printed confirmation of the change at the time you do it, so maybe that will work for you. 

1 minute ago, ibarra said:

Just curious .    You need a CURP number to change name at Telmex. How can hensley possibly have a CURP number without previous/current proof of residency?

Maybe she got CURP in past with RP or RT but has since moved??

21 hours ago, kbleitch said:

Julie, I just did this a couple of weeks ago and they give you a printed confirmation of the change at the time you do it, so maybe that will work for you. 

What all paperwork did you need to change name on Telmex. THanks Beth I tried to message you but you are not accepting them.

4 hours ago, hensley said:

What all paperwork did you need to change name on Telmex. THanks Beth I tried to message you but you are not accepting them.

What we were doing was changing the Telmex account from both of our names (it's been that way since 2009) to just my name and adding my RFC (tax ID) number. All I had with me was our last Telmex bill, my residente permanente card, and my RFC number printout. 

I don't know why I can't get messages, Julie. I'll go in and delete some and see if that helps. I did get a PM from someone a couple of weeks ago without a problem.

Thank you, we just went to Telmex and found out you can no longer have 2 names on your bill, it is either one or the other and the only thing we needed was both our passports, so all done.

Archived