Chapala.com Webboard

Housesitters beware!!!

there IS A GANG OF ROBBERS, FLUENT IN English, WHO WIL HACK YOUR CLIENT'S EMAIL AND GET HIS AND YOUR EMAIL CONTACT AND TELEPHONE NUMBERS. tHEY CALLED ME SAYING THEY WERE STUCK IN THE mEX CITY AIRPORT, WHICH I KNEW TO BE TRUE, ASKING FOR A WIRE TRANSFER OF 6000P. lIKE A STUPID PERSON, I COMPLIED, AND OF COURSE IT NEVER CAME FROM MY CLIENT.

!I HAVE BEEN ROBBED IN OTHER COUNTRIES BUT NEVER AS FREQUENTLY AS IN mEXICO.

cAUTION!

cAMILLE

Guest English Rose
19 hours ago, camillenparadise said:

there IS A GANG OF ROBBERS, FLUENT IN English, WHO WIL HACK YOUR CLIENT'S EMAIL AND GET HIS AND YOUR EMAIL CONTACT AND TELEPHONE NUMBERS. tHEY CALLED ME SAYING THEY WERE STUCK IN THE mEX CITY AIRPORT, WHICH I KNEW TO BE TRUE, ASKING FOR A WIRE TRANSFER OF 6000P. lIKE A STUPID PERSON, I COMPLIED, AND OF COURSE IT NEVER CAME FROM MY CLIENT.

!I HAVE BEEN ROBBED IN OTHER COUNTRIES BUT NEVER AS FREQUENTLY AS IN mEXICO.

cAUTION!

cAMILLE

Some people just never learn!

10 hours ago, kam said:

oh, why be mean - it doesn't make the world a better place or you a better person

TOTALLY agree with you, Kam. Someone is brave enough to tell us how they got scammed - to keep the rest of us from falling for it - and gets ridiculed. What some don't understand is that the robbers are getting more and more sophisticated in their approach and it can be very easy to get sucked in. I won't go back over what happened to hubby, but it was 50% luck/50% timing. When one falls, it just makes them that more determined to continue.

If someone asks you for money, no matter how convincing, try to remember to ask a question that only the real person would know. I'm really sorry for what happened to you, Camille.

Archived