Chapala.com Webboard

ÜBER

Kyle

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

But the quoted amount is just the base fare! You have to look also at the X factor. The base amount is multipled by the X factor and that is the actual amount you will pay. Most often the X factor is 1, thus the base amount you see is the actual amount you pay. The X factor changes according to traffic conditions and time of day. I once in Guadalajara had a 4X when going to the Italian consulate in a congested area at mid day-- 4 times the base amount! You need to check this X factor because at times regular taxis are cheaper than Uber. Also, I learned the hard way, if you request the driver to take a route other than the one showing on your phone screen, there will be a surcharge added to your fare.

4 hours ago, El Bizco said:

But the quoted amount is just the base fare! You have to look also at the X factor. The base amount is multipled by the X factor and that is the actual amount you will pay. Most often the X factor is 1, thus the base amount you see is the actual amount you pay. The X factor changes according to traffic conditions and time of day. I once in Guadalajara had a 4X when going to the Italian consulate in a congested area at mid day-- 4 times the base amount! You need to check this X factor because at times regular taxis are cheaper than Uber. Also, I learned the hard way, if you request the driver to take a route other than the one showing on your phone screen, there will be a surcharge added to your fare.

That is a interesting post

I have used UBER many times in MX City and the traffic and congestion is horrendous, significantly worst than Guad... and I have never been charged extra than what the first price indicated

One time it took me longer to get to the US Embassy from the airport than it did flying time from Guad to MX CIty ...go figure...if your observation applied to MX cIty, then  the initial price given would be a waste of time

As far as I know when you are already in the Uber they don't change the price anymore. But if the traffic is already terrible at the moment before you order the Uber it tells you you will be charged an X factor. Especially when there just passed a rainstorm the prices go way up. If that is the case better wait an hour or so until the prices are back to normal again.

We send our clients home in Uber and we pick up the charge and used it twice today.  The trip to Ajijic quoted 37 pesos but then when the guy took the longer route it was a bit more, still cheaper than taxis

57,92 $
Gracias por elegir Uber, Spencer
4 de septiembre de 2017 | uberX

image.thumb.png.860204108ea5836cabb9708aab07decd.png

19 minutes ago, tomgates said:

I will be driving soon for Uber. Uber has the facility for adding a tip. I will keep a list of riders who don't tip. 

As far as i know you can't tip in the app in Mexico. The only way to add a tip is paying it in cash.

Most people in Mexico don't tip uber drivers so your list might get large. What would be the purpose of this list anyway??

1 hour ago, ednet94 said:

As far as i know you can't tip in the app in Mexico. The only way to add a tip is paying it in cash.

Most people in Mexico don't tip uber drivers so your list might get large. What would be the purpose of this list anyway??

It is not expected anywhere in Mexico to tip the taxi. you might if he brings your bags inside or outside to the car. It's been that way for the 40+ years I have spent time in Mexico. It is just a gringo thing like paying your help more than the going rate for domestics.

I'll probably get criticized for this but if someone is willing to drive me from the airport to home for a couple hundred pesos over that wreck of a road called Chapala highway I am going to tip them at least 20 pesos, 10 percent, and probably more than that if they are helpful.

23 hours ago, AngusMactavish said:

We don't usually tip a taxi, do the uber people expect one?

Aye Angus but you'll pay a thousand euros for that cute wee skirt on your avatar, so let's just say you're discriminating, no cheap!   But I'd be please to tip one with ye on Robbie's birthday, or Rabbi if ye prefer!

On 4.9.2017 at 4:05 PM, ednet94 said:

yes you can tip in the app. 

Archived