Chapala.com Webboard

Shaw Direct missing channel

windstar

Not sure if this has been mentioned, but if you do lose your satellite channels you can still view them using Shaw's 'free range' app. on your computer. You have to use a VPN, though, so that Shaw sees you as being in Canada. I only use it on a computer and it works well, but, I suppose, you could connect a computer to your TV via an HDMI cable and watch that way. Not sure how clear the picture would be, though. Maybe someone has tried this?

windstar, what is your dish/LNB setup?  I just checked my signal strength again and channels 592, 651 & 652 are all at 85 (F1 PSK8), 595 at 96 (F1 PSK8) and 700 at 97 (F2 QPSK).  Maybe your LNB is a little down on amplification power??

Just now, Ezzie said:

windstar, what is your dish/LNB setup?  I just checked my signal strength again and channels 592, 651 & 652 are all at 85 (F1 PSK8), 595 at 96 (F1 PSK8) and 700 at 97 (F2 QPSK).  Maybe your LNB is a little down on amplification power??

It is the 75 dish.  How can I check amp power??   My 595 is red 64 but I am receiving it - good picture - some interference when storms around.

5 hours ago, Ezzie said:

I am an actual account holder and received no notification of any hardware upgrade requirements but I have never had anything other than 600 series receivers on my account..

Thanks for the above list ComputerGuy - it is good to know.  This is the schedule of when each channel is going to convert to MPEG4 (which requires the 600 or 800 series to decode) but what makes you think they will be moving any of the existing HD channels we can get off of either F2 or F1R satellites??  On my setup here I can still receive Super Channels 1&2 in SD on channels 260 & 261 and in HD on channels 651 & 652.  These are being broadcast currently on F2 in QPSK.

Because it has started already, and the notification did not come by email, it came by mail. My daughter took this photo with her phone; you can see in the 3rd paragraph they mention it. And of course because I have chatting with them. And the short list I provided earlier in this thread gives you some indication (granted, I don't get a lot of those anyway).

As for 151 and 152, SuperChannel HD, as I mentioned, I have the basic straight dual-quad LNB and the standard, larger elliptical Shaw disk. Those with two single LNB setups and a filter, plus a round dish, don't seem to have lost those channels. For that I am still at a loss.

Shaw Direct Letter about new boxes March 2017.jpg

I have the 630 receiver and the 60cm dish (Classic) 40 deg north and 74.5 deg.west...Chan. 094-blank screen and red bar 49%, Chan 136 blank screen and red bar 46%, Chan 137 good picture and yellow bar 81.  Chans 94 and 96 blank with readings (red bar) 46%. I am going to get the 75cm dish soon and will post difference. Interesting site here too!

Archived