Chapala.com Webboard

Desperately need to buy a number of new shades, different sizes... simple styles, with harps and those that clip over a lightbulb.  And I need to get them tomorrow at the latest.

Walmart had none; the lighting store in Plaza Bugambilias isn't there anymore...a zillion bulbs, LED lighting, but no lamps and shades.  And it looked to me that the lighting/hardware store by Sunrise is just hardware when I drove by.  I clearly haven't shopped lighting in awhile.

Where to to buy Shades???

Go back to the lighting store next to the Sunrise restaurant and walk to the back. Multiple shelves with shades of various sizes. Very limited (imho) in colour selection but it's pretty much the best choice locally. Now take a deep breath and calm down.

... and Metuchenmama was posting the same time as I was. ;)

Metuchenmama...Ferret... thanks tons.  I'll head back to the store next to Sunrise in the morning.  Deep breath taken, and I'm calm and relieved. 

Ajijic Charlie, I need the shades "yesterday", and am leaving early Tuesday for a month. I'll absolutely check Galerías and other places in Guad when I get back.   

12 hours ago, kookielendmeyourcomb said:

I need to get them tomorrow at the latest.

We are in Mexico and you need what/when/how fast --  on a weekend?

This is the reason we move to Mexico.. to never utter the words I quoted from you, above.

Marijuana grows on the side of the road, margaritas have amazing Tequila in them, hookers will come to your house and have massage skills that will implant Spanish words of delight into you that are not in traditional dictionaries.

You are stressed about lampshades by tomorrow at the latest... you probably need all of the above.

50 minutes ago, Aquaponicsman said:

We are in Mexico and you need what/when/how fast --  on a weekend?

This is the reason we move to Mexico.. to never utter the words I quoted from you, above.

Marijuana grows on the side of the road, margaritas have amazing Tequila in them, hookers will come to your house and have massage skills that will implant Spanish words of delight into you that are not in traditional dictionaries.

You are stressed about lampshades by tomorrow at the latest... you probably need all of the above.

Exactly but i am also curious as to whether you need them for formal or casual wear.

Thanks all... gee Aguaponics gimme a break.  I've been in Mexico a loooong time, and yes I needed those shades yesterday... and, so ?  I learned what I needed to know.  And I'd forgotten Tommy was having a sale..will check there.  Thanks Hopkins for the reminder.  I have two other shades that I bought from him, maybe ten years ago, and they too need replacing.   

Now my big thing is: 

WHERE CAN I BUY SHELF PAPER??? 

Archived