Chapala.com Webboard

DUI checkpoint

tomgates

12 hours ago, bezerk said:

I just experienced one of these set ups friday night while being driven home from airport.  After 19 years here in mexico I have to say was first time I felt totally intimidated by a check point or such.  Total overkill...federal, state and traffic police, rifled and armed..lights ablaze...possibly 50 people working..tow trucks ready, big show of rifles and such...

Don't forget most of the new police hires to administer DUI are women, while they may attract less trouble from drivers, maybe typical Mexican male posturing and machismo is at work too! Maybe something the local police force is just getting used to, they feel the need to "protect" the women officers. Once they find out these women easily can kick their sorry, you know whats, then it will change.

Driving under the influence is against the law as is driving without a license, they do go hand in hand.  Save a lot of hassle and handle many issues at once by obviously making sure the intoxicated or not intoxicated driver even has right to drive on roads, just my take.

oh okay no alcohol go ahead be on your way but who knows if you have a license..??  Gotta love Mexico..and yes already they have worked out a work around the breathalizer..heard it thru the grapevine! 

Yes there were many policewoman..of which I truly see no importance in this issue but whatever. 

I agree we should have and enforce DUI rules but I do think based on blood alcohol levels on breathalizer here is overkill as is the excess of police and so on that I experienced in my one run in of this. 

Making for another way to earn a buck..anyone need a ride?  broma!! 

<<<< guns & lights are part of the drama to deter people from drinking. thats the way they roll. <<<<  really???  Looked more like a major accident or criminal scene than a DUI check..

Better spread this info around for newcomers who already are overloaded in "Danger" media about Mexico..they may head right back to the airport..not a highlight for tourism or business.  Just saying..

Archived