Chapala.com Webboard

Maine Coon female cat up for adoption

Well, I have met the cat and it is a sweet cat and if I did not have 2 dogs and a small condo, I would take it. I know the owner and, unfortunately, she does not have a good environment for the cat. No outdoor space, clients of hers may be allergic to cats, she is not home all the time. Hope one of you will have a space in your life for this cat.

On my screen the ear tufts are quite visible, you can see a reverse ruff around the neck, there are paw tufts and a very big tail.  No it isn't a pure bred Coon by any measure, either is Max our Maine.  There's definitely some Maine in there IMO it is a mix.  I'll take a look anyway.

Yes, I am sure she is a mix, but the Maine coon part of her is very apparent. I have had two other MC´s in the past, and one was purebred, the other was a mix. Whatever she is mixed with I and my boyfriend are super allergic to. Which is really a shame because she is very very sweet. 

From what I understand she was abused as a kitten, and there must have been damage to her voice box, because she can´t really meow. When she gets super excited it comes out more like a velociraptor... 

She needs some space to roam, and probably some buddies, as she was previously with two other cats. She loves to be brushed, and doesn´t mind being held. She is very sweet and very social. 

SHE IS STILL AVAILABLE.  The sooner I find her a home the better. I really don´t want to have to bring her to a shelter, but the allergies are out of control. 

376-765-2223

33-3362-1272

OK we have the cat now, at least for foster care and longer if I can sell the deal with my wife.  PM me here if you want to see the cat.  She is absolutely adorable, fearless and smart as a whip.  Rides really well in the car unlike Max who is convinced he is being tortured whenever he has to be transported to the vet.  They haven't met yet, right now she's learning where cat box is.

Looks like this kitty is going to be living at our house.  She is really a cutie and a funny little lady.  She reminds me of what might be the result if Smart Car designed a Maine Coon.  She's got all the features in pint size version, the hairy toes, the reverse ruff, the big front ruff, the hairy ears.  But they had to squash up the body some and when they got to the tail, they ran out of length and money so it ended up being short and bushy.  The "horn" (voice) is definitely down sized particularly when compared to Big Mouth Max.

She has all the latest intelligence on board, this is one smart kitty.  Her PR skills are first rate.

The front of this Maine Coon by Smart Car is definitely BMW but the back and middle are more Yugo. :D 

She's taking to this place like a duck to water and so far there have been no overt signs of hostility from Max, he's more curious than anything.  

We're going to call her "Minnie" for minimum.  However, Max is not real happy with the situation, saw her this morning and got so upset he wouldn't eat his breakfast.  So there's going to be some adjusting here.  She has no problem with any of it and is a chow hound.   

Wonderful news!!!!. Pay extra attention to Max and he'll be likely to come around. Animals understand a lot more language thatwe think they do.

Oh PLEASE Max, eat your food, we don't want you to waste away.... Did you see what that Minnie did? You'd better tell her how things are done around here. You'll always be our favorite cat - you know that....

Max is having a monumental sulk but he did eat his breakfast after we gave it to him in his mother's office.  She is back and laying on the sympathy big time.  Meantime Minnie the minimum cattius is having a great time though she stayed out too late yesterday evening, got rained on and had to be toweled off, which she quite enjoyed after which she plopped her half dry carcass on top of me to watch TV and wait for Max's mom to return.

So happy she is adjusting so well. She really just needed some space to roam around. She is a little sweetie, and I am glad she has a good home. Thanks again! 

She absolutely loves the big yard, it is a challenge to get her in at night.  Big time chow hound, can't figure out where she is packing all that food in that little body. :)

Poor Max..??????

He certainly thinks so. :D

They are actually doing pretty well.  The biggest problem we have is that she wants to eat everything in sight, including his food.  He's accustomed to having his main meal of wet food in the morning and dry food down the rest of the time.  Sometimes he takes a couple passes before he finished his breakfast.

However, "Minnie" is on a seefood diet.  She sees food, she eats it.  Hers, his, ours, doesn't matter  So for starters, she gets her breakfast in the laundry room and stays there until he finishes his before she is let out.  That works pretty good but we can't figure out how to manage the dry food yet.  Trying to get him accustomed to a second meal at dinner time and no food down otherwise.  He won't touch the same food that is put down for her.

Other than that, they aren't avoiding each other or any hissing or growling.  She's going to the lady vet up by the Pemex station for a checkup tomorrow.  Little concerned about hairball problem with her, she may need some supplemental meds for it.  She seems very happy and loves the freedom of the much larger indoor space plus the large and secure yard.  She is a very loving cat, remarkable given she was apparently an abused rescue.

For the hairballs, I know of some possibilities, some of which you may already know.

1. You can put out a little butter out for her to lick.  The fat in the stomach helps.  I'm sure you already know she needs to eat grass as cats don't digest it, and of course, that is the point, to not digest it and throw it up.  You can't make her eat the grass, but she should easily want to lick the butter.

2. Get a really good brush.  I purchased a  Furminator (which is NO ordinary brush) and you will be amazed at the amount of excess fur this will remove.  It does not have to be that exact brand, but must be one that works the same way.  It is extremely efficient.  There are videos on line showing how this type of brush works.

Archived