Chapala.com Webboard

Other Boards used mostly by Mexicans

cedros

There is the other board that is similar to this one. Are there any Boards for the area that are in Spanish or mainly used by the Mexicans?

Lots of facebook groups, back in the day I used to participate in http://www.tapatios.com/foros/

So what is it now Spence - Tips for Tapadaddies.com?:D

Someone was trying to explain to me the other day, that Tapatio is actually a very bad word in its historical origin, but most people did not know that. I'll listen up closer next time. Something about committing cowardly small crimes, then hiding behind your uncle for protection.

This is from a blog, which backs this up "Tapa Tio" - cover for me uncle!

This other version occurs in the same neighborhood, Analco -which is one of the oldest in Guadalajara- There lived four brothers, who were widowed. They were professional thieves, and they decided to train their children in the art of pickpocketing. On the day of the dedication of the cathedral, February 19th, 1618, these thugs took advantage of the pilgrimage to mingle with the crowd. Whenever one of the young thieves managed to steal some item, like a watch, or a rosary of pearl and gold, he would sneak his way up to one of his uncles, and then he would whisper  "tapa, tío" (cover me, uncle ) to hand in the loot on the sly. The word was heard so often that from that day on, people started calling this gang of robbers “Los Tapatíos”. Although they ended up incarcerated for burglary, the word tapatío remained as the name given to those from Guadalajara.

Archived