Chapala.com Webboard

Next major infrastructure project

ned small

2 minutes ago, Sea said:

Where are these SAT improvements shown? I checked town fb and googled. No dice.

It is on the municipo and Presidente's pages so that's 2 locations and you won't see them if you aren't a facebook member. And I said next major project not the finished improvements. Some pics show the Presidente and citizens busting up the old sidewalks with a sledge hammer.

He was told that a local Mexican professional has been analyzing the tax rolls of this municipality and determined that about two thirds of the property tax revenues come out of Ajijic.  He was further informed that in Jalisco property taxes account for over 70 percent of total municipal revenues.  Because of the reprisal problem, the people analyzing the financial data are not going public at this time.  I know who is doing the work and they are qualified to do so IMO.  The Jalisco source was cited in an earlier post.

Ned/Pedro finds that hard to believe as is his right to do so.  I know the source and it is from a prominent and credible professional.  When you think about the massive amount of high dollar real estate centered on Ajijic it is logical.  I am told this analysis was part of the overall effort to document where the money comes from and where it is going here.  

Apparently the exposure of the fact this administration has increased the City Hall payroll by 50 percent while claiming not to have money to replace all those worn out trash trucks also came out of that work and was reported some time ago in the Guadalajara Reporter.

As I reported earlier, the Mexican community has mounted an effort to recall this Presidente.  There are continued reports as well on Chapala Noticias about an alleged effort by this government to cover up and/or intimidate the parents of the sexually abused children in San Nicolas.  Also reports this administration is covering up serious crime and killings in the area.  I suggest everyone follow Chapala Noticias on Facebook and draw your own conclusions as to whether we have, and the extent thereof, of problems with this government.

I look at all these reports, the recall effort, what the Mexican professionals I know are saying to me, the bags of yard trash sitting in front of my house now for over two weeks, the massive, mostly unrepaired potholes all over town and the unswept streets and I conclude for myself that indeed we have a very problematic local government, the most so in the 10 years we've been here.

I do my homework, I use my eyes, I talk to Mexicans in a position to know and that is how I arrive at this conclusion.  Everyone here is welcome to look at this situation on their own and draw their own conclusions.  However, I will point out the fact the Mexican community is trying to recall this government and has already filed the required number of petition signatures to do so belies this fiction that everything with this government is just fine and these matters are just the grumblings of a few expats.

As it was put to me by a Mexican friend, "they're not picking up our trash either."  So Ned/Pedro you can continue to try and pretend I'm alone in my rather low opinion of this government but the fact the Mexican community is trying to recall it and the fact that the parents of the molested children are speaking out against it makes that claim more than a little foolish and you may want to rethink it.

As for any construction projects this government might conjure up in the last months of its tenure, I invite everyone to go and take a good look at the "Bridge To Jesus" and draw your own conclusion as to how well project monies are spent.  As Harry suggested above, this projects which are largely funded by the state and Federal governments are an opportunity for profit outside of the normal municipal budget stream.  

I think it would be very revealing to compare the money spent on that bridge with what your eyes see.  I am a civil engineer and in my professional opinion, that thing is a shoddy wreck, totally out of proportion to the statue itself and likely to corrode very rapidly because of bad materials and construction. 

7 hours ago, bdlngton said:

Not sure what you mean by all the taxes coming from Ajijic.  You sag "we've been told.". Who is saying that?  Property owners in the entire municipal pay taxes.  Can you please explain what you mean by your statement?

Certain people constantly repeat this erroneous mantra on this web board believing most of the money should be spent in Ajijic when common sense alone tells you that  most property and business taxes are collected in Chapala proper where there are more and in some cases larger residences.manufacturing plants and businesses,large retail enterprises and the seat of government always gets the most spent on it anywhere in the world. Ajijic is primarily a residential area with a smattering of small retailers.

10 hours ago, Mainecoons said:

He was told that a local Mexican professional has been analyzing the tax rolls of this municipality and determined that about two thirds of the property tax revenues come out of Ajijic.  He was further informed that in Jalisco property taxes account for over 70 percent of total municipal revenues.  Because of the reprisal problem, the people analyzing the financial data are not going public at this time.  I know who is doing the work and they are qualified to do so IMO.  The Jalisco source was cited in an earlier post.

Ned/Pedro finds that hard to believe as is his right to do so.  I know the source and it is from a prominent and credible professional.  When you think about the massive amount of high dollar real estate centered on Ajijic it is logical.  I am told this analysis was part of the overall effort to document where the money comes from and where it is going here.  

Apparently the exposure of the fact this administration has increased the City Hall payroll by 50 percent while claiming not to have money to replace all those worn out trash trucks also came out of that work and was reported some time ago in the Guadalajara Reporter.

As I reported earlier, the Mexican community has mounted an effort to recall this Presidente.  There are continued reports as well on Chapala Noticias about an alleged effort by this government to cover up and/or intimidate the parents of the sexually abused children in San Nicolas.  Also reports this administration is covering up serious crime and killings in the area.  I suggest everyone follow Chapala Noticias on Facebook and draw your own conclusions as to whether we have, and the extent thereof, of problems with this government.

I look at all these reports, the recall effort, what the Mexican professionals I know are saying to me, the bags of yard trash sitting in front of my house now for over two weeks, the massive, mostly unrepaired potholes all over town and the unswept streets and I conclude for myself that indeed we have a very problematic local government, the most so in the 10 years we've been here.

I do my homework, I use my eyes, I talk to Mexicans in a position to know and that is how I arrive at this conclusion.  Everyone here is welcome to look at this situation on their own and draw their own conclusions.  However, I will point out the fact the Mexican community is trying to recall this government and has already filed the required number of petition signatures to do so belies this fiction that everything with this government is just fine and these matters are just the grumblings of a few expats.

As it was put to me by a Mexican friend, "they're not picking up our trash either."  So Ned/Pedro you can continue to try and pretend I'm alone in my rather low opinion of this government but the fact the Mexican community is trying to recall it and the fact that the parents of the molested children are speaking out against it makes that claim more than a little foolish and you may want to rethink it.

Everything you have said is anecdotal,none of it being fact, and a lot you have said has nothing to do with the next infrastructure project in San Antonio. In  previous thread post you didn't even get the order of parties in power here correct in your haste to disparage the Gerardo Degollado PRI administration.

ned not Pedro

It's all germane Pedro.  The same people who botched that bridge are going to be running the other projects.

I notice you have no comment on why all those Mexicans are trying to remove the Degollado administration to the point of filing petitions with hundreds of signatures to try and recall it.  Or those parents in San Nicolas accusing it of cover up.  Seems a lot of Mexican folks are disparaging the Degollado regime these days. :)

I don't rely on common sense, the hard numbers show the great majority of the property tax base is outside of Chapala.  I believe that is obvious to anyone who uses their eyes and actually ventures out of Chapala.

Pedro, you really do need to travel beyond the Iron Horse saloon. :D

I  am ned and why should I comment on something that has zero to do with the OP? The moderator would do something to me for flaming/trolling this thread-no? Please show the hard numbers you constantly speak of in the same vein. I  am sure many of us would be interested even though it has nothing to do with the OP.

1 hour ago, barcelonaman said:

I dont have facebook. Can you give a link or give brief explanation of what they intend to do.

At the moment we already have roads, power  water and sewage but upgrades are always acceptabl,as long as it doesnt involve a new bike lane.

34 minutes ago, SunshineyDay said:

So what are the next projects?

as long as the two protagonists continue their private feud we will never find out .

always ends the same, the thread will be blocked and no further forward. Happening to much for my liking. 

21 minutes ago, barcelonaman said:

as long as the two protagonists continue their private feud we will never find out .

always ends the same, the thread will be blocked and no further forward. Happening to much for my liking. 

I am not privy to any project future info. I subscribe to various sources on facebook and other places to find out what is going on here. I am not computer savvy enough to post links.

2 hours ago, ned small said:

Certain people constantly repeat this erroneous mantra on this web board believing most of the money should be spent in Ajijic when common sense alone tells you that  most property and business taxes are collected in Chapala proper where there are more and in some cases larger residences.manufacturing plants and businesses,large retail enterprises and the seat of government always gets the most spent on it anywhere in the world. Ajijic is primarily a residential area with a smattering of small retailers.

Totally agree with you Ned. Places like the beer factory, Centra Laguna, the coca cola factory, the large building supply places (not tiny hardware stores), the ones which sell bulk animal feed, Soriana, Walmart, etc., etc. -none of those in Ajijic. Just measly property taxes there, which are so low that resident skinflints brag about it. As far as protest and recalls, well in case you didn't know politics is a very dirty sport in Mexico - everywhere in Mexico. This is why journalists here are getting killed or intimidated in record numbers - some of them have absolutely no problem fabricating stories to support a political agenda.

10 minutes ago, barcelonaman said:

to be honest i didnt think they were that bad in that location.

And did you look at the sewer and water lines and overhead power lines which are going underground and do you prefer those coble stones to flat rock and concrete pavement and or concrete or pavers

Infrastructure improvements refers to more than one thing. Who knows they may even give the houses a facelift like in other areas with this state and municipal funded programme.

Archived