Chapala.com Webboard

What happened to summer?

jrm30655

53 minutes ago, AngusMactavish said:

The reference was to climate, not weather.

"Climate is what we expect, weather is what we get." - Mark Twain

Alrighty then. Very few people can turn a climate discussion into a combat zone.

(I forgot that weather has nothing to do with climate.)

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 8/31/2017 at 8:27 AM, johanson said:

I have been telling you disbelievers that state that there is no global warming. That we are really having global cooling. It doesn't matter that we have had record high temperatures in Seattle or that we are having more serious Tornados in and around Houston, Texas.

The proof is here. During the last week it has been colder than usual and there has been more rain this month than ever recorded (10 years) on the Lake Chapala weather Net.

We are having global cooling not global warming. Ask the blond leader.

We are having climate change-can be warming or cooling depending on many things. 

28 minutes ago, ComputerGuy said:

Actually heard a political announcer on CFRA radio out of Ottawa, yesterday morning, say "I'm still waiting for global warming. It's COLD outside today."

Thats a real old one. In the meantime the Canadian Arctic is reaching the ice free shipping stage, and the Russian Arctic is being rapidly repopulated. Antarctica has its problems too. There is a lot of water out there that was never there before.

1 hour ago, CHILLIN said:

Thats a real old one. In the meantime the Canadian Arctic is reaching the ice free shipping stage, and the Russian Arctic is being rapidly repopulated. Antarctica has its problems too. There is a lot of water out there that was never there before.

He is simply a denier. One of a number of conservatives in Canada who have decided to act like so many of their counterparts in another country: research nothing, ignore reason, deny.

Well, I have a question: All the global warming be it natural or man made, is predicted by computer models they tell us. And they can tell exactly what it's going to be like 50 - 100 years from now (conveniently after they and we are all dead you notice?). So, if these computer models are so precise that far in the future, why can't they tell us exactly where Hurricane Irma is going next week and I don't mean what country, or even what state, they should be able to tell us whose house is going to be directly in the eye - right?

56 minutes ago, ComputerGuy said:

That's ridiculous.

So you say, at least we agree on that. The infinite number of interactive variables can't be modeled even short term. An example: the super volcano under Yellowstone continues to produce swarm quakes, if that thing blows you can kiss off a chunk of northern US, southern CA and weather, ultimately climate, around the planet will be changed forever. Everything in our world today is politicized (unfortunately) and if you look deep into the politics of global warming or whatever the drum beaters are mislabeling it today, you'll find the real truth.

Fun to joke about, but ignore the reality of Global Climate Change at your peril. If we don't deal with the problem now, our children and grandchildren will be cursing us for a very long time/

If you don't understand Climate Change and why it is taking place, I suggest you sit down with Dr Don Aitken, internationally recognized expert in the field and he can explain it to you.

Climate change has always been cyclical.  It changes through the centuries.  But still you would have to be a complete moron to believe that our modern lifestyle and our insatiable greed for raw materials is not harming the planet.  That pesticides, fracking and petro extraction tar sands are not harming the planet.   During the past 50 years we have been destroying the planet at unprecedented speeds never before seen in the history of the world.  But on a side note, I have heard it suggested that global warming could potentially create an ice age.  Once the Earth's temperature rises to a certain degree and enough water evaporates into cloud cover, it will blot out the sun and create an instant cooling effect, which eventually, possibly, will terminate in an ice age.  For all those people that think everything now is great and that we should continue in the direction we are going in raping this planet to extract as much raw materials as possible, I think you should watch Leo DiCaprio's new documentary called Before the Flood.  Then you can tell us what you think.

I noticed that summer came by for a few minutes yesterday and then departed again.  Maybe we will get a revisit tomorrow for a few minutes.

As far as climate change, the climate has always changed, that is not surprising.  "Man made climate change" is where I disagree.  

I flew all over the world with the Air Force.  I know how big and how empty it really is.  If you took all of the people of the world, they would fit in TX and not be able to touch their neighbors if spaced out.  To think that that little bit of humanity can jerk the temperature of the world around is just arrogance.  By volume, there's 4 times as much insects in the world as humans.  Maybe the insects are to blame.

There was a recent study that looked back 2000 years using tree rings, plant seeds etc that determined that just before the Maunder Minimum started (no one knows why the Maunder Minimum started) the earth was at least 1 degree C hotter than today.  It must not have been fatal because we are all still here.

The earth has been warming since the depth of the Maunder Minimum and that was way before the industrial age started.  It will probably keep warming until the next cooling cycle starts, no matter what humans do.

jrm30655, the people in the State of Washington are responsible for much of the global warming,  You may remember they allowed Mount Saint Helens to erupt.  And all that ash greatly impacted the temperature of the earth. There, you have your proof that global warming is greatly influenced by mankind.

And it is fake news that automobiles when they burn fuel put CO2 into the air. Just ask our leaders.

9 hours ago, MtnMama said:

Fun to joke about, but ignore the reality of Global Climate Change at your peril. If we don't deal with the problem now, our children and grandchildren will be cursing us for a very long time/

If you don't understand Climate Change and why it is taking place, I suggest you sit down with Dr Don Aitken, internationally recognized expert in the field and he can explain it to you.

I think we can all agree that pollution of our environment is an evil that has to be fought,but the climate change model that is being sold to us is bogus. This is a concept that was concieved by Maurice Strong , an oilman from Canada, who worked with the UN. It divided the climate change workforce into 3 groups, scientists, educators and promotors. the last 2 could only use data from the first group and they were restricted to only studying manmade causes related to CO2. Anything else was verboten and defunded. I think this was done as a mechanism of control over humans so we would allow total serveillence by our "Smart devices" all in the name of saving us from climate collapse. Eventually, they want to tax your every breath. They don't want us to look up at the sky and see the weather modification programs they are running like chemtrails and haarp and they certainly don't want us to acknowledge that the sun is the driving force of all the major shifts. Look at "Suspicious0bservers.org" to see how much the sun controls weather and seismic activity .For understandable discussions on these  subjects I would suggest looking up "CorbettReport"  and checking out their programs on Maurice Strong and how this concept was sold and all of his programs on climate changes. Also go to "GeoengineeringWatch.org" and look at Dane Wigington's site...

2 hours ago, cafemediterraneo said:

I think we can all agree that pollution of our environment is an evil that has to be fought,but the climate change model that is being sold to us is bogus. This is a concept that was concieved by Maurice Strong , an oilman from Canada, who worked with the UN. It divided the climate change workforce into 3 groups, scientists, educators and promotors. the last 2 could only use data from the first group and they were restricted to only studying manmade causes related to CO2. Anything else was verboten and defunded. I think this was done as a mechanism of control over humans so we would allow total serveillence by our "Smart devices" all in the name of saving us from climate collapse. Eventually, they want to tax your every breath. They don't want us to look up at the sky and see the weather modification programs they are running like chemtrails and haarp and they certainly don't want us to acknowledge that the sun is the driving force of all the major shifts. Look at "Suspicious0bservers.org" to see how much the sun controls weather and seismic activity .For understandable discussions on these  subjects I would suggest looking up "CorbettReport"  and checking out their programs on Maurice Strong and how this concept was sold and all of his programs on climate changes. Also go to "GeoengineeringWatch.org" and look at Dane Wigington's site...

Nonsense, Conceived by Maurice Strong!? Climate scientists were warning about it before he was around. Some of the others you mention are quacks.

7 hours ago, dichosalocura said:

But still you would have to be a complete moron to believe that our modern lifestyle and our insatiable greed for raw materials is not harming the planet.

Yeppers!

6 hours ago, jrm30655 said:

To think that that little bit of humanity can jerk the temperature of the world around is just arrogance.

Morons? - ok, opinions vary. However a couple of you obviously consider yourselves vastly intellectually superior to the rest of us riffraff and so I'd like to know exactly who gave you the authority to decide (for us riffraff) exactly what the perfect temperature for the world is? - and, is it documented by an authority I can recognize so I can verify the source of your authority. I'm sure you'll get back to me with the requested FOIA.

Archived