Jump to content
Chapala.com Webboard

buying a Mexican plated car

Recommended Posts

You may be able to purchase but you can't register the vehicle with a tourist visa.  You might be able to get away with not registering the vehicle but if you get speeding tickets then the registered owner is liable for those costs.  In Jalisco (maybe elsewhere in MX too) the driver of the vehicle and the owner of the vehicle are both liable for damages/costs if an accident is the fault of the driver.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Create New...