Chapala.com Webboard

The Peacock Garden

Metuchenmama

I used to go too the Peacock Garden often.  The ambience was terrific and the food quite good.  A couple of chef changes were not good and I stopped going and forgot about it.Today a friend suggested we have lunch there.  I would love to hear from you if you have eaten there recently and let me know what you thought.

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

After a long hiatus from dining at The Peacock Garden  I went with friends.  I for one will never return.   I ordered fettucini Alfredo and it was a very thin sauce as there seemed to be little to no cheese in the sauce.  They used to make an excellent fettucini Alfredo.  I was served some some lettuce on the side as a salad.  It was still very wet as it had been washed but not dried.  When I mentioned It came with no dressing the waiter told me I hadn't asked for any.

The tables are mostly contained under a roof which has now had the sides enclosed with glass and screening.  A nice addition but the peacocks entered and came around our table and made a racket.  They were looking for us to feed them.

One friend ordered the rib eye special and said it was very good.  The other friend had reprocusions from her meal.

I have crossed The Peacock Garden off my places to dine.

After a long hiatus from dining at The Peacock Garden  I went with friends.  I for one will never return.   I ordered fettucini Alfredo and it was a very thin sauce as there seemed to be little to no cheese in the sauce.  They used to make an excellent fettucini Alfredo.  I was served some some lettuce on the side as a salad.  It was still very wet as it had been washed but not dried.  When I mentioned It came with no dressing the waiter told me I hadn't asked for any.

The tables are mostly contained under a roof which has now had the sides enclosed with glass and screening.  A nice addition but the peacocks entered and came around our table and made a racket.  They were looking for us to feed them.

One friend ordered the rib eye special and said it was very good.  The other friend had reprocusions from her meal.

I have crossed The Peacock Garden off my places to dine.

We won't be back either . Had a similar experience .  They used to be very good .  Did someone else buy the restaurant within the past 1.5 years ? 

Archived