Chapala.com Webboard

Telecable???

They were stringing new cable in Villa Nova about 18 months ago.  I paid 150MXN for installation and never saw them again.

I know that they have cable on west of you.

I get 8mb on Telmex down at the top of Villa Nova so you have something wrong.  I had to get a lineman out to rework the connections a couple of years ago and it has been fine ever since.  I suggest you go to the Telmex office and get a service call or call *2222 and talk to a tech.  A tech can get a service call started also.

Just be aware/reminded that Telmex's DSL uses the phone lines for their service. And about every house in Ajijic has the potential of having bad wiring, either from the street or where it attached to the casa or within the casa. And this can vary dramatically from house to house and houses next door to each other. And just because one's telephone works OK that does not mean that the DSL signal is going to be all right.  I've heard that getting an 'off duty' Telmex lineman to come out and check out all the wiring, as above, can pay dividends. 

We lived in Villa Nova for 2.5 years starting in Jan 2011. We had Telecable and Telmex. Telecable was usually running at 15mb (higher cost plan) while Telmex was a little under 10mb.

Archived