Chapala.com Webboard

Los Telares restaurant on Colon in Ajijic

solajijic

I took my husband on a date last night to Los Telares on Colon and we had a fabulous time! The Crooners duo was way beyond terrific and such a nice change of pace musically from the 60s rock most restaurants provide us to listen to over a meal. We could actually have a conversation and do a bit of flirting along with a dance or two. Come on out on a Friday night, they start a tad early at 6ish but we surmise they end at 8 and go into Guad for that dinner crowd since those city slickers begin their meals at 9. As for the food at Los Telares we had appetizers only - panela & chorizo, roasted garlic heads, guacamole and the roasted half bone marrow.  It was all wonderful - nicely presented, well portioned and just great tastes.   I will definitely have the bone marrow again and again and again.  I will  take my own bottle of red wine and pay the corkage because unfortunately the house and only red wine is just yechy - but the marrow is worth the cost of the corkage. Everything else was excellent but the marrow is memorable. Our pre-food cocktails were spot on - not heavy, not light, just right.

I choose to see the Crooners at Los Telares because it just such a pretty place with the tables and umbrellas out on the patio and the tables are always set so crisply and a lot of attention to detail.    http://www.thecrooners.com.mx/  The duo also plays Thursday at La Bodega for me even at 6 still in daylight the ambiance and other qualities I look for in an evening out aren't there for me.  For those whow anted to know why I don't like it there I just don't it just isn't how I want to spend my evening or my food pesos.

I concur about the agreeable qualities about Los Telares, AND about the disagreeable house wine. What the heck? how hard is it to offer a decent wine by the glass? Lots of other restaurants Lakeside have figured it out! In my opinion they would be much busier with locals if they did that one thing. 

Archived