Chapala.com Webboard

Fabric Stores in Ajijic??

Near the Bus Station in Chapala is a two story fabric shop...about one block off the main street of Madero on the far corner.

Fabric supplies both upstairs as well as downstairs plus many craft and beading materials.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/26/2017 at 11:28 AM, Bisbee Gal said:

Are there any in Ajijic?  If so, where.  If not, remind me how to get to the one in Chapala (it was near bus station, as I recall)...but maybe not on main drag??

In my opinion there are no decent fabric stores in this area.  You really have to go to Guadalajara.  My favorite fabric store that is Mercantil  Villanueva on Calle Pedro Buzeta in the Santa Teresita neighborhood.  You can find exact address by googling it.

For notions I think the stall at the Wednesday tianguis in Ajijic has the best selection.  It's about halfway down on the left (east) side of the street.

If you're looking for really elegant, high end fabrics, the best store in Guadalajara (and really the best store in all of Mexico, according to owners of fabric stores in Mexico City) is Al Puerto de Veracruz, Av. Chapultepec Norte, Col. Ladrón de Guevara.  It's almost at the corner of Av. México, on the left-hand side of Chapultepec as you are driving toward Av. México.  Fabulous fabrics!

Archived