Chapala.com Webboard

Beautiful disposition/ Young Mama Dog for Adoption

This dog is very gentle, calm, trusting and affectionate.  She has been through a lot and likely was abandoned after she became pregnant, or possibly after having puppies.  She was so despondent and/or weak when we saved her, she had to be carried to safety.  She is now coming to herself and her personality (extremely sweet and good natured/intelligent/alert/non-barker) is emerging.  A very delightful dog indeed.  She surely would have been not long for this world if not rescued, for she is not street smart and had given up.  Estimated to be approximately 2-3 years of age. 40 pounds roughly. 

1 She has been Spayed

2 She was bathed and is now clean as can be. She was covered in ticks so had to be treated She was given a treatment good for 3 months

3 She has been treated for internal parasites.  This will be repeated in 2 weeks I will have the stitches taken out at that time and ask about vaccines.

The Vet wants me to keep her in Iso through Saturday She is receiving a daily shot for pain and to prevent infection.

The weight loss he feels is due to her having nursed a large litter of puppies and is not a concern as she is now eating well.

She is a very nice dog I practiced walking around the iso area with a leash she was fine for that short area  We will know better Sunday when she can be free on the property.  We will report in as to how she responds to being with other dogs.  She is very healthy (big shock), and was likely very out of it due to loss of puppies/abandonment.    She will come with all medical complete and will be a delight health-wise and personality wise.  Following pictures are quite different than from when she was picked up, with her having cowered and refusing to stand.  She is reclining on pillow in photo below and I would guess she weighs about 40 pounds.  Look at that happy stretch.  Won't someone claim this best friend to be!  (Short term foster also accepted - for as long as you are able (1 week) or until adopted.  It truly takes a village... I was not alone in helping this sweet soul... I thank everyone who has helped out.IMG_3195.thumb.JPG.85ceafddca5533338bc065a748a328b5.JPGimage.png.e57e69fb19c80e4b9941868cf11bd7c9.pngimage.thumb.png.865f3e587c7ae3ba4eae9d958c38b997.png

The real person whom is the angle, is the person who volunteered to take her in while she heals. 

Without that person this dog would have been very low on luck.

Will update all as this dog continues to heal and come to herself. 

It is not too early for me to take you to see her.  

Please send me a private message if anyone would like to just check her out to see if she is a match.

She is only halfway saved.  If this was a street dog, she could be put out again once healed.  She definitely is not cut out for the streets.

UPDATE ON MOMMY DOG.

She is social and enjoys other dogs!!!

The person whom is allowing her to recover after being spayed, has experience in sizing up a dog's

personality and says the following:

Mom dog is a great dog she gets along with my gang of dogs no problem...  She likes to play.

She is not (yet) comfortable coming into the house so was probably kept outdoors.

She walks on a leash but she acts like this is a new thing for her.

She will be a great family dog.

Archived