Chapala.com Webboard

Fun "French Connection" Event

Was enjoying lunch at the Avocado Club today and picked up a flyer for an upcoming event there and wanted to share it with all of you. I’ve met the lead singer of this group and she’s a lovely, talented young woman. I first experienced Les Femmes de Serge at Piano Rojo years ago and more recently, at El Bar Co. It’s an unique group that provides a delightful evening of entertainment. Maria Camerana is the driving force and although blind, spent 3 months in Kenya teaching music to local children. Since then, she’s hoped to bring a couple of Kenyans to experience Mexico. Proceeds from this event will help defer the cost to bring them here for a visit.

She met and talked with Ismet (owner of Gossip’s and Avocado Club) who is from Kenya. They have planned a fun evening of French food, music and wine. Les Femmes de Serge sings mainly music in French and Gil (our fantastic local Bass guitarist) is part of her group.

Ismet has planned a 3 course meal with various choices for appetizer and entree (vegetarian options available upon request) and the dessert is chocolate mousse. Tickets are $350 pesos and includes the dinner and show. You can purchase them at Gossip’s, Avocado Club or Diane Pearl’s. If you only want to attend the show, the tickets are $100 pesos.

I know it’ll be a fun evening, hope you’ll join us! Thursday, August 31st from 5-9 pm at The Avocado Club. If you have any questions, you can contact Ismet at either Gossips or The Avocado Club. Call 766-7000 for reservations.

Val Jones :)

Archived