Chapala.com Webboard

Dress code for light classical music concert in Guadalajara?

Cincy

1 hour ago, Cincy said:

Having never been to the Telmex Theater in Zapopan, I was just wondering what the dress code might be for a light classical music concert in Guadalajara?

What would you wear NOB to a similar concert?  Probably same guidelines.  Guadalajarans generally dress more conservatively than what we see in the lakeside area.  Me?  I'd wear a dress and heels and mi esposo would wear long pants and a shirt.  It's been warm lately,  so I'd leave the mink at home.

:rolleyes:

1 minute ago, Cincy said:

Since it's a summer concert I was thinking of a white open neck dress shirt and black blazer - not sure if a tie is appropriate...?

Make it easy.  Put the tie in your pocket and look around at what the rest of the audience is wearing before donning the tie.

57 minutes ago, Al Berca said:

If you mean Auditorio TelMex, anything you want. No dress code. It is a huge arena. You will see everything from formal wear to denim cut offs.

In that case, by all means wear your wife beater tee shirt, flip flops and shorts.  :lol:

1 hour ago, betty7 said:

disrepectful to go out 1/2 naked & shabby as if you are in a locker room. that is why educated mexicans (&others) have no respect for you. love the fact gringal would wear heels. the higher the better if possible. :) november is mink time, please feel free to wear it on those chilly nights. 

San Miguel Shoes with the block heels are a nod to "dressing up", but no Mexican gal would likely be caught in them, and the "mink" was a joke.  :rolleyes:

24 minutes ago, gogirl said:

I would wear a dress and heels and my husband would wear a dress shirt and slacks.

I gotta quit reading this at 3am.  I thought it said your husband would wear a dress also.

Whatever rings your chimes..........

I went to several things in Atlanta where there were men wearing dresses

Archived