Chapala.com Webboard

Water Meter

Floradude

I choose to pay once per year based on an estimate of how much water I might use. (I have had my meter since 2008 and yes I use less water than I did before the meter was installed. In Ajijic before the last election we received an email every month after the meter was read how much water we used.

These days I don't get a monthly bill and only get one when I owe  or will owe money. I always pay early to get the annual discount for doing so.

There are several Simapa offices, the one in San Antonio is on the carretera just east of the Sunrise Café and the furniture store.  The one in Ajijic is just down the hill from the Gladalajara Pharmacia and just a little East.. I do not know where the Chapala Simapa office is

Chapala SIMAPA office is a separate entrance on the west side of Madero just at the north end of the Municipal building (near the fountain and main traffic lights).

I understand the discount part if paid by a certain time.  What I wonder is whether the annual bill covers the year before or the year coming?  For example, let's say one pays Simapa before the end of January of this year.  Was that payment for 2016 or for 2017?

It's paid in advance.  I do get a statement when they read my meter every month.  If I am over the level I paid for the year then I get an invoice.

Darn exyyz I am envious, I pay in advance and neither I nor my property manager get the actual meter readings every month unless we go to the Simapa Ajijic office each month.  It used to be emailed to us by the previous administration each month, but the new administration doesn't send it to me or my property manager anymore.

year before last they put a meter on my house, charged me 1500 for the meter plus my regular estimated by them 3300 payment in advance for the year. i now find ive been overpaying for years, the 3300 deposit lasted 2.5 years before i had to put up more money. so i would say their income is less because we are now paying for actual usage.

Archived